[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers

I would do it round 3 and maybe late round 2 if I had the chance, depending on what else was available. I'm in no rush to draft a qb but he usually gives a decisive season advantage at qb, like he could give you several points a week more than the qb5. I mean, I'd take that before Gurley or Miller and probably Fournette, who are all going mid to late 2nd or early third and are likely to be just okay backs (Fournette is a beast, but bad situation will hold him back I think)

2 minutes ago, Roughrider401 said:

The QB drop off is real too. You got A.Rodgers, T.Brady, Drew Brees, M.Ryan and after that flip a coin

Actually I think it's more A.Rodge on his own tier, 

Tier II - Brees, Brady,  (Brees would be closer to Rodgers if you are not penalized for INT's)

Tier II.5 Ryan 

then a slough of the others.

Edited by robotpimp
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roughrider401 said:

Exactly, which leads to the question how early do you draft a QB ?

Depends on league size, scoring system, lineup requirements and other owners tendencies.... in a Huddle draft right now so don't want to divulge too much, though as this is about the 8th or 10th year with many of the same drafters they know my tendencies already, but headed in the 8th round and I still don't have a QB and probably won't take one for another round or two at least - two other teams also without a QB - 4 went in the 7th/2nd pick of the 8th.

So far it was Rodgers at end of 2nd, then Brady, Brees and Ryan in the 3rd, Wilson in the 5th, then Carr, Newton, Mariotta and ROth in the 7th/early 8th. That means unless a bunch of owners start using early picks on backup QBs, I can likely wait and will still get at least one (probably 2 as when I wait I take my backup earlier in general) of  Winston, Luck, Rivers, Prescott, Cousins, Stafford, Manning, Dalton, Palmer, Taylor, Wentz - all of whom have a strong potential of top 10 finish with top 5 upside and likely wont finish significantly behind the QBs taken several rounds earlier.

Essentially it is now down to a game of chicken between the 3 of us without a QB - if one of us feels one of these QBs is significantly better than the other, then would likely jump on one this round - if not, then will continue to wait it out until either the other owners start the backup QB run or the value is too great - but in the mean time we are loading up on depth at RB/WR/TE.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Depends on league size, scoring system, lineup requirements and other owners tendencies.... in a Huddle draft right now so don't want to divulge too much, though as this is about the 8th or 10th year with many of the same drafters they know my tendencies already, but headed in the 8th round and I still don't have a QB and probably won't take one for another round or two at least - two other teams also without a QB - 4 went in the 7th/2nd pick of the 8th.

So far it was Rodgers at end of 2nd, then Brady, Brees and Ryan in the 3rd, Wilson in the 5th, then Carr, Newton, Mariotta and ROth in the 7th/early 8th. That means unless a bunch of owners start using early picks on backup QBs, I can likely wait and will still get at least one (probably 2 as when I wait I take my backup earlier in general) of  Winston, Luck, Rivers, Prescott, Cousins, Stafford, Manning, Dalton, Palmer, Taylor, Wentz - all of whom have a strong potential of top 10 finish with top 5 upside and likely wont finish significantly behind the QBs taken several rounds earlier.

Essentially it is now down to a game of chicken between the 3 of us without a QB - if one of us feels one of these QBs is significantly better than the other, then would likely jump on one this round - if not, then will continue to wait it out until either the other owners start the backup QB run or the value is too great - but in the mean time we are loading up on depth at RB/WR/TE.

Perfectly stated!

On 8/25/2017 at 9:34 AM, Big Country said:

On 8/25/2017 at 9:37 AM, robotpimp said:

Perfectly stated!

And the secondary QB run has begun that I may need to blink. Every other team has drafted their starter, one team already drafted a backup (was a bit surprised as that team was a bit shallow, not to mention bye week issue at WR and left some decent options on the board). I'm guessing the team that drafted Luck will take a backup sooner rather than later as insurance, but headed into 10th round and I think I am about ready to blink... I have 2 QBs left on my list that I am very comfortable with having as my starter and another couple that I'd be okay settling for if I see other good value on the board (couple players that intrigue me) and am willing to let them go - will find out here in about 8 picks what I do.

39 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Winston, Luck, Rivers, Prescott, Cousins, Stafford, Manning, Dalton, Palmer, Taylor, Wentz

I would have ZERO issues with this crop of QB's in later rounds.  T-mobile might be a harder pill to swallow but I lost by .5 pts in the championship game with him so I got there with him, could've been a kick or DST going the other way.