[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FIRST YEAR IN A KEEPER ( Who do I keep?)

BKZRYDE

I would really appreciate your feedback! Thanks!!

2016 Draft Position
2016 Final Rank
Current O-Rank
Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)  Round 1, Pick 5 1 30
Willie Snead (NO - WR)  Round 8, Pick 10 126 71
Tavon Austin (LAR - WR)  Q  Round 6, Pick 4 115 190
LeGarrette Blount (Phi - RB)  Round 7, Pick 5 31 67
LeSean McCoy (Buf - RB)  Round 2, Pick 10 24 6
Antonio Gates (LAC - TE)  Round 6, Pick 10 183 142
Doug Baldwin (Sea - WR)  Round 8, Pick 9 60 17
DeMarco Murray (Ten - RB)  Round 4, Pick 10 26 15
Cordarrelle Patterson (Oak - WR)  - 78 1951
Sammie Coates (Pit - WR)  Round 14, Pick 10 229 1930
DeVante Parker (Mia - WR)  Round 10, Pick 7 170 84
Jack Doyle (Ind - TE)  - 197 101
John Brown (Ari - WR)  Q  Round 5, Pick 5 210 119
Mason Crosby (GB - K)  Round 10, Pick 4 137 166
New York (NYG - DEF)  - 103 171

3 minutes ago, BKZRYDE said:

Thanks buddy. I get to keep two. So baldwin and either Murray or McCoy? I pick 14th overall...so I get pick 14/15

DM is better value, but if you like McCoy you can't go wrong because no ones taking McCoy's carries, you're not worrying so much about Henry although still it's Murray's job to lose.

I guess, value-wise Baldwin is very good but if you wanted you could go DM/McCoy and hammer out two WR's at 14/15.  Baldwin / either DM/McCoy is balance with value.  DM/McCoy then grabbing a couple WR's locks down your RB, you'll work maybe a little harder getting that second solid WR..  the hopes would be someone like K.Allen drops, Jeffery, Tyreek Hill, Diggs.. some upside dudes.  Depends what you like more.  My only thing with Baldwin is his value is still pretty high for a guy who only scored 7 TD's (3 in one game) and went over 100 yards in 3 games last year, that's vastly inconsistent.. I don't know if he ever even comes close to 14 TD's like he had in 2015, he's still yet to catch 100 balls after 7 years in the league.

Him and Wilson do have better chemistry but his ceiling is pretty low weekly with an occasional boom game, I'd be nervous with him as your WR1, he'd have to be your WR2 and even then you have to swallow 6 games where he didn't even get to 50 yards receiving.. ouchies. might be too volatile.  

4 minutes ago, robotpimp said:

DM is better value, but if you like McCoy you can't go wrong because no ones taking McCoy's carries, you're not worrying so much about Henry although still it's Murray's job to lose.

I guess, value-wise Baldwin is very good but if you wanted you could go DM/McCoy and hammer out two WR's at 14/15.  Baldwin / either DM/McCoy is balance with value.  DM/McCoy then grabbing a couple WR's locks down your RB, you'll work maybe a little harder getting that second solid WR..  the hopes would be someone like K.Allen drops, Jeffery, Tyreek Hill, Diggs.. some upside dudes.  Depends what you like more.  My only thing with Baldwin is his value is still pretty high for a guy who only scored 7 TD's (3 in one game) and went over 100 yards in 3 games last year, that's vastly inconsistent.. I don't know if he ever even comes close to 14 TD's like he had in 2015, he's still yet to catch 100 balls after 7 years in the league.

Him and Wilson do have better chemistry but his ceiling is pretty low weekly with an occasional boom game, I'd be nervous with him as your WR1, he'd have to be your WR2 and even then you have to swallow 6 games where he didn't even get to 50 yards receiving.. ouchies. might be too volatile.  

thanks for the awesome advice man!

I don't think OP could hammer out 2 WR at 14-15 if he kept McCoy -- that would be the 15th pick. Still not a bad idea, but I would probably go Baldwin-Murray on this and then pick up Henry for insurance -- just too much value to pass up, because you can still stack 1-3 round picks on top of these guys, so you might get another solid rb in the first round. Baldwin has been a top ten fantasy receiver each of the last 2 years, even if not all that consistent -- some weeks he may win you a game on his own, which would be awesome for an 8th round pick. Also, consider that you can probably keep taking Baldwin in round 8 in the future for 2-3 years if it's a keeper league.  

What a great problem to have, though! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Watt's Up said:

I don't think OP could hammer out 2 WR at 14-15 if he kept McCoy -- that would be the 15th pick. Still not a bad idea, but I would probably go Baldwin-Murray on this and then pick up Henry for insurance -- just too much value to pass up, because you can still stack 1-3 round picks on top of these guys, so you might get another solid rb in the first round. Baldwin has been a top ten fantasy receiver each of the last 2 years, even if not all that consistent -- some weeks he may win you a game on his own, which would be awesome for an 8th round pick. Also, consider that you can probably keep taking Baldwin in round 8 in the future for 2-3 years if it's a keeper league.  

What a great problem to have, though! 

yeah I know probably 'safer' Baldwin / RB. but I'm more nervous Baldwin is still riding that 2015 wave of stats.. he's not your WR1 and I think you could get the same but more consistent output with Crabtree, Tate, TPS, K.Allen, T.Hill, S.Diggs.. guys treading up towards were Baldwin is at which I think his ceiling is limited.. If Wilson wasn't so erratic Baldwin would be awesome, that's more my concern, not that the dudes I mentioned all don't have their downsides for sure they do.

Look at it this way.  DM/McCoy is like 50Pts in the bank weekly. Baldwin is probably 10-20 points (20-24 being his ceiling) that's only going to happen like 3 times, Crabtree will get you about the same and you get to keep both RB's.  Allen can match that as well, they'll all will be inconsistent most likely but keeping those RB's together will iron some of that out.

Edited by robotpimp

No doubt DM/McCoy would be an awesome tandem -- I can see the appeal. but what about DM/Baldwin/Gronk, or DM/Baldwin/Rodgers? it's the ability to pair that 2nd player at the 15th pick with Baldwin vs only having McCoy. He could still pick up Crabtree or maybe Allen in the 3rd.

1 minute ago, Watt's Up said:

No doubt DM/McCoy would be an awesome tandem -- I can see the appeal. but what about DM/Baldwin/Gronk, or DM/Baldwin/Rodgers? it's the ability to pair that 2nd player at the 15th pick with Baldwin vs only having McCoy. He could still pick up Crabtree or maybe Allen in the 3rd.

totally, I use to draft that way more, get the absolute best at each spot, sometimes it works to spread the talent, the only reason I like RB's is that not only do they go thin very quick they usually are the best trade bait of any position.  Even keeping McCoy/Murray today could yield a trade for a WR2/RB2 for one of them.  There are teams that have zero chance at a RB first rounder. Sell high if you desire.