[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3rd pick .5 pt PPR league

Finn5033

Title says it, I have the 3rd pick in my draft this Saturday. We get to keep one player from last years team without losing a draft pick as long as they weren't a first round pick or a keeper from the previous year. My team was bad last year, my best two options were Carlos Hyde or Brandin Cooks. I decided to go with the upside of Cooks. I am assuming that David Johnson and Bell will go 1-2 so that leaves me with Brown at 3 which I think he is definitely the safest pick of the top WR's

my question is would I be completely nuts to consider McCoy here? It's a ten team league and I cringe at who will be left for RB's by the time I pick again. I know the risks of a RB over a guy like Brown, I guess I'll just have to stock pile potential break out RB's later in the draft. Thoughts from anyone?

Who are the other players that are being kept?  That will tell us what RB may be on the way back to you.  I imagine some guys like Jordan Howard would be kept.  Maybe Crowell, Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi...those likely weren't keepers or first rounders and account for a good portion of the top 10 backs.

The only backs I know being kept so far are Ware, and Howard. Guys don't have to announce keepers until draft day. We have no flex spot in this league and have 3 slots for WR/TE. So you can play all WR or all TE or any combo you want. Start 2 RBs. I guess it's probably better to be really strong at WR. Brown and Cooks is a good start. Unless anyone can convince me that another WR is a better pick than Brown

How many teams?  10 teams I'm sticking to AB most likely.. 12 teams I'd consider McCoy, just because you probably have an even less opportunity at Gurley, Howard, Ajayi (most likely kept).

Then those rookies creep into the pool, mucking it up.   The RB drop off is real.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I don't know why I'm struggling with this so much. I like Brown, and trust his production more than ODB or Julio. I think it's the safest pick at that spot. Who knows though, maybe I get lucky and one of the 1st two guys passes on Bell for some reason