[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help getting family into fantasy football

phinsfan44

Hey all - I have some friends/family who are casual football fans. They've said they would be willing to try fantasy. So, I'm looking for ideas on what type of league to try. I may only have 6 people, possibly 8. Honestly, I don't know if they'd know people outside of the top 100. I'm thinking maybe VERY simplified rosters with 2 QBs. Something like this - 
2 QBs/1 RB/ 1WR/ 1 TE/ 1 Flex. 

I figure everyone knows QBs, so that may be a good place to start. Also, I hate drafting defense and kickers anyway, so that's just a bonus. Thoughts? Suggestions? And, has anyone run a 6 team league before? Is it just too small?  

Also-handicapping....I want to have a team, but I'd rather not destroy all the noobs. Funny, but probably not fun or encouraging. Plus, one is my wife haha. All thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks - I set it up today, and I have 5 owners so far. The problem is that some of them are a bit shy and much less likely to play if I start bringing in people unfamiliar to them. But, they like the idea. I may have to roll with 6 unless I get a couple more guys/girls. Not sure how that's gonna work out, but it should still be fun. I might have to view this as a work in progress - kinda like you said, have fun and make it a tradition. Maybe next year I get 8 and go from there. Thanks for the input @indyrckstar

6 isn't bad for a first year group as you will pretty much see every team being loaded.  8 is were you can set up 2 divisions and have a more balance schedule.  With 8, you could even have it were everyone makes the playoffs with starting in week 13.  have a regular season winner and a playoff winner.  also, if you are trying to keep this within people you know, ask their wives/gfs to join.  

biggest challenge is to keep everyone interested in the first year.  maybe suggest them to join this site as the place really does help with suggestions.

I've been running a very easy friends league for a few years now.  I did manage to find 12 people that includes my wife and myself along with some other couples.  It's an auto draft since we can never find a time to get everyone together and not everyone wants to do it.  This makes it really easy since no one has to do any preseason research.  Pretty much the only thing they have to do in manage their team during the season which is pretty easy to do.