[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LeVeon Bell

Roughrider401

On 8/23/2017 at 4:14 PM, michaelredd9 said:

Let's hope he stayed in shape and didn't spend the summer smoking cheeba and eating Fruit Loops.

been following him on social media and manure - hes been training like a mad man... i expect him to be fine

6 hours ago, ZRdude said:

been following him on social media and manure - hes been training like a mad man... i expect him to be fine

Some players, like Barry Sanders, stay in proper football shape all year long.  Most mortals do not.  Dudes who smoke ganja definitely do not stay in football shape unless they are in a system.  I will still draft Mr Le'Veon.  But he could most definitely get injured right after he comes back from his absence.

2 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Yeah I think either 1) you report and play management's game, hoping for a deal/consideration down the road, or 2) you do what Bell did BUT you keep your mouth shut and stop winge-ing.

Playing hardball and then whining doesn't make any sense to me. Put down the blunt, Le'Veon, and man up.

16 minutes ago, stethant said:

Yeah I think either 1) you report and play management's game, hoping for a deal/consideration down the road, or 2) you do what Bell did BUT you keep your mouth shut and stop winge-ing.

Playing hardball and then whining doesn't make any sense to me. Put down the blunt, Le'Veon, and man up.

Option 3 in this case is he does what he did with no plans of showing up tomorrow as he previously indicated via twitter. If you're gonna call out team mates and complain about coaches and GM's getting paid, you'd be ballsy to show up, but I venture to guess he isn't the most fiscally responsible guy and likely needs his 12 mil this year.. I just wish they'd sign Deangello and release Bell, Great talent but he's clearly "above the team" 

What a tool.  If the Steelers did indeed offer him $15 million per year, he should have accepted.  That is more than fair considering how poorly running backs are being paid lately.  And the kind of shenanigans he is playing makes me think he'll have a short career in the NFL.  Idiots have a knack for sabotaging their own careers.  

I highly doubt he'll return in shape.  I hope that the Steelers ease him back in when he does comes back.  I think sometimes coaches are pissed at a player who holds out so they'll give that player a full load right away out of spite.  If Le'Veon gets a full load immediately, he'll more than likely get hamstrung his first week back.

This guy is a fu*king joke.  I think he's in for a rude awakening once he finally does return, as history hasn't been kind to RB's who stay out of camp all offseason.  In his latest stunt, he fills out an application at DQ because he's got to 'keep his options open.'  I don't wish injury on anyone, but I won't give a single damn if anything befalls him this season.

36 minutes ago, kdko said:

Such a slap in the face to people who actually need, and work these low income jobs.  From a guy who wasn't happy being offered $15 mil/year.

While I understand your anger cause we do not make this type of money, it would be foolish to not think its a slap in a face of anyone who is paid less then what they are worth.  Doesn't matter if you are a McDonald's cook or the CEO of Apple.  Maybe look at it from his angle and understand his needs and frustrations first before condemning him and insinuating he's chastising the poor.  The man plays a position where the typical lifespan is 3 year and he has been playing on his rookie contract for 4 years.  Not only making rookie wages, but performing as one of the top 3 (if not the best) overall running backs in the league.  I do not blame him in the least for trying to get every damn penny he can, cause he will never get another contract opportunity of this nature.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Def. said:

While I understand your anger cause we do not make this type of money, it would be foolish to not think its a slap in a face of anyone who is paid less then what they are worth.  Doesn't matter if you are a McDonald's cook or the CEO of Apple.  Maybe look at it from his angle and understand his needs and frustrations first before condemning him and insinuating he's chastising the poor.  The man plays a position where the typical lifespan is 3 year and he has been playing on his rookie contract for 4 years.  Not only making rookie wages, but performing as one of the top 3 (if not the best) overall running backs in the league.  I do not blame him in the least for trying to get every damn penny he can, cause he will never get another contract opportunity of this nature.  

That's a great post, and I agree with a lot of the points you've made.  I understand his, and your point of view about how he'd want to squeeze everything he could out of what could very well be his last big pay day (given his past injuries, and ever looming uncertainty), after already working his ass off to earn it. However I can't agree with the way he's going about it.  It shows a lot about his character.  I appreciate the humility of the Larry Fitzgerald's and Barry Sanders that have graced the league.  Bell's trolling of the franchise at the expense of his coach and teammates tells me all I need to know.  Perhaps we'll never agree on that.

For fantasy purposes, and it sounds crazy, but unless I could get DJ at #2 i'd probably get AB or Ajayi this year.  I'm that scared about how this season will go for him health wise without camp this offseason.

Edited by kdko

31 minutes ago, Def. said:

understand his needs

Unless his needs are the same as a Saudi Prince, I think he'd satisfy his needs just fine with 15 mil per year.  And if he gets hurt this year, it'll make his gamble seem foolhardy.  Bell is the highest paid running back in the NFL with his franchise tag.  The next highest paid running back is Devonta Freeman at $8.25 million per year.  Bell is being unreasonable.  If he deserves more than $15 million per year than Aaron Rodgers should demand $50 million per year on his next contract.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kdko said:

That's a great post, and I agree with a lot of the points you've made.  I understand his, and your point of view about how he'd want to squeeze everything he could out of what could very well be his last big pay day (given his past injuries, and ever looming uncertainty), after already working his ass off to earn it. However I can't agree with the way he's going about it.  It shows a lot about his character.  I appreciate the humility of the Larry Fitzgerald's and Barry Sanders that have graced the league.  Bell's trolling of the franchise at the expense of his coach and teammates tells me all I need to know.  Perhaps we'll never agree on that.

For fantasy purposes, and it sounds crazy, but unless I could get DJ at #2 i'd probably get AB or Ajayi this year.  I'm that scared about how this season will go for him health wise without camp this offseason.

Not going to disagree that the antics are foolish.  Unfortunately it is common now a days to lash out in frustration through social media and that's probably what happened here.  When it comes to the matters of millionaires vs billionaires, these types of rants are always going to come off poorly. 

3 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Unless his needs are the same as a Saudi Prince, I think he'd satisfy his needs just fine with 15 mil per year.  And if he gets hurt this year, it'll make his gamble seem foolhardy.  Bell is the highest paid running back in the NFL with his franchise tag.  The next highest paid running back is Devonta Freeman at $8.25 million per year.  Bell is being unreasonable.  If he deserves more than $15 million per year than Aaron Rodgers should demand $50 million per year on his next contract.

I haven't seen anything about him being offered $15 mil.  So far the only offer I'm aware of is was 5 years $60 mil ($12 mil per).  I'm not going to sit and judge what is reasonable/unreasonable.  That's all in the eyes of the beholder.  I will say that how involved he is in both the run and passing game is probably a large factor on why he thinks he's worth more then your base backs, but I also understand the injury history and risk the team has to consider as well.  Again, probably his only shot at a big contract.  I'd get whatever I can as well.