[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LeVeon Bell

Roughrider401

Ya but on the flip side, isn't Bell more valuable to his team then Demaryius in Denver? Dez in Dallas?  Malik in Jax? Or even Glennon in Chicago? 

This is just a short list of players making an average of $14 mil a year.  It is not my personal opinion that he should be paid what he is seeking, but it is easy to see why he may think it is reasonable to ask for that amount. 

No he isn't as valuable as those guys in my opinion, well maybe Glennon but Big Ben and Brown then the Oline are the most valuable part of the steelers at the moment.. see Deangello Williams when he filled in for Bell twice, he was extremely productive. The online gets zero credit for Bell's success, do you think bell could come to a complete stop, wait for a hole to open up and then hit that hole if he had the Giants or Seahawks Oline? The thing that bell does very well that noone ever talks about is his strong blocking ability, outside of that, I think another player like Forte or the like would fit in nicely in that offense with that Oline, no i'm not saying Bell is not mountains above talent wise, but to at what cost do you keep him when you have almost a full season worth of data when a plus 30 yr old RB performed admirably in that same offense. I've said it many times before and my buddies always call me nuts, I genuinely prefer the offensive game plan without Bell , when Bell is in, Ben relies to much on the easy check down as an early option, the field isn't stretched as much, now maybe that'll change with Bryant back in the mix ... having said this, reports are that Bell left Steelers HQ after only 30 mins.. hardly enough time for a physical and signing his tender 

Edited by Gourdeau
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...