[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon hoping for September reinstatement

michaelredd9

37 minutes ago, pegos said:

IMO he’s still all-world talent. If he plays again this year and it’s for the browns, OK I’ll pass. But if he gets traded to a team with a competent quarterback, he’ll help win some leagues for some owners this year

Because we all now how strong Martavis Bryant came back after his suspension (and he had a full training camp)? Not sure I buy it since Bryant is a choirboy rocket scientist compared to Gordon.

Edited by Tripleshot
  • Like 1

Conditionally reinstated today: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author  https://twitter.com/RapSheet?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Can start practice on 11/20 and eligible for active roster 1-2 weeks later.

Edited by Big John

Nate Burleson had some interesting things to say on NFL network this morning about Gordon. Apparently he's in better shape than he was when he last played( football shape is surely diferrent). Hes still only 26 and strongly believes that he will be the browns leading receiver from week 13 on and added that he will be in the conversation as one if the best in the league by years end. Some very high praise. Not sure why he feels this way but it was interesting to see how adament he was about his take

I saw some tweet from Gordon on his return about "best player in the league is back", maybe he was listening to guys like Burleson crowing about him.

He is immensely talented as he showed in the short time he played, but he's got lots of past transgressions to push aside to get people to believe.  Ok it was his manager Michael Johnson who said it.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/925882313577295883?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fdailycaller.com%2F2017%2F11%2F02%2Fjosh-gordons-manager-calling-him-the-best-player-on-the-planet-seems-bold%2F

I would keep my eyes on Cory Coleman. He isn't really in the news yet, but I predict he will be within the next week or so. Unless I've missed something, he should be slated to return soon and he is every bit as talented as Josh Gordon was. He's injury prone, but he's dam good almost every time he steps on the field.

Just saying keep an eye on him. Might be a sneaky pick up.

8 hours ago, Alphashado said:

I would keep my eyes on Cory Coleman. He isn't really in the news yet, but I predict he will be within the next week or so. Unless I've missed something, he should be slated to return soon and he is every bit as talented as Josh Gordon was. He's injury prone, but he's dam good almost every time he steps on the field.

Just saying keep an eye on him. Might be a sneaky pick up.

Yes Coleman can return week 10 vs. Lions, there has been no news locally. I'm looking to replace Garcon who is suddenly out, Coleman might be an option. Especially in a keeper league.

• Like 1

https://www.gq.com/story/josh-gordon-nfl-2017-interview 

A great read. As a recovering alcoholic that went into treatment for an entire year, I know that this is an enormous step that he would never have done previously. I hope the kid takes this seriously. We are a nation that is built on honesty and forgiveness. What we do not tolerate, however, is a continued manipulation effort to further an addiction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tazinib1 said:

https://www.gq.com/story/josh-gordon-nfl-2017-interview

A great read. As a recovering alcoholic that went into treatment for an entire year, I know that this is an enormous step that he would never have done previously. I hope the kid takes this seriously. We are a nation that is built on honesty and forgiveness. What we do not tolerate, however, is a continued manipulation effort to further an addiction.

I truly hope for his own sake that he's being honest with himself and everybody else and is finally changed. Because in the back of my mind I keep thinking about all the other times he said he changed. Going to find time to read the article and try to think with open mind.

20 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I truly hope for his own sake that he's being honest with himself and everybody else and is finally changed. Because in the back of my mind I keep thinking about all the other times he said he changed. Going to find time to read the article and try to think with open mind.

:clap:

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:
1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

It's odd how some are taking Gordon's actions or inaction personal. 

Had he hurt anyone or is it just self  destructive behavior? 

the browns franchise absolutely, but none of the actions from fans he describes are warranted thats for sure

Edited by Gourdeau

15 hours ago, LordOpie said:

It's odd how some are taking Gordon's actions or inaction personal.

Had he hurt anyone or is it just self  destructive behavior?

He hurt his team, teammates, the entire organization and fans by letting them down over and over.

Still haven't read the article, if some fans were lashing out, make threats etc. that's going to far. I may be angry but I'm not wishing harm on him, though I admit to being less than willing to believe him and all this "I'm an addict that's why I behave this way". I would have been fine if the Browns cut him long ago, but understand he is a resource and has some value.

46 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

He hurt his team, teammates, the entire organization and fans by letting them down over and over.

But he is still, by far, the biggest victim of his actions.  He is guilty of being dumb.  97% of the harm of his actions came to him.  2% of the harm came to the Browns.  1% of the harm came to society.  I am not going to judge him.  I've gotten drunk.  I've smoked more than my fair share of the pot.  I've even drunk drove more than I would like to admit.  I am from Wisconsin, if that is a defense.  I do believe the NFL has realized that drug abusers shouldn't be punished the same as domestic abusers.  It seems obvious but our culture has been very punitive toward people consuming substances that hurt no one else than themselves.

• Thanks 1

I know lots of people that like to drink and some who smoke their "fair share of the pot" as michaelredd9 says, most of those people don't go to work drunk or stoned every day, get suspended from their job regularly, or have other troubles impacting their lives.  Are they just not addicts like Josh? What allows them to make rational decisions in their best interest, vs. Josh who cannot do that and succumbs to his desire to be stoned?

This is one reason I usually have a hard time buying into the "addiction is my problem". How do we distinguish between true addicton and lack of willpower?

• Like 1

On 11/7/2017 at 0:12 PM, stevegrab said:

This is one reason I usually have a hard time buying into the "addiction is my problem". How do we distinguish between true addicton and lack of willpower?

If you're honest with yourself and with your assessor, you'd have the answer between will power and addiction.