michaelredd9

Josh Gordon hoping for September reinstatement

Gourdeau    147
1 hour ago, LordOpie said:
1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

It's odd how some are taking Gordon's actions or inaction personal. 

Had he hurt anyone or is it just self  destructive behavior? 

the browns franchise absolutely, but none of the actions from fans he describes are warranted thats for sure

Edited by Gourdeau

stevegrab    827
15 hours ago, LordOpie said:

It's odd how some are taking Gordon's actions or inaction personal.

Had he hurt anyone or is it just self  destructive behavior?

He hurt his team, teammates, the entire organization and fans by letting them down over and over.

Still haven't read the article, if some fans were lashing out, make threats etc. that's going to far. I may be angry but I'm not wishing harm on him, though I admit to being less than willing to believe him and all this "I'm an addict that's why I behave this way". I would have been fine if the Browns cut him long ago, but understand he is a resource and has some value.

michaelredd9    811
46 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

He hurt his team, teammates, the entire organization and fans by letting them down over and over.

But he is still, by far, the biggest victim of his actions.  He is guilty of being dumb.  97% of the harm of his actions came to him.  2% of the harm came to the Browns.  1% of the harm came to society.  I am not going to judge him.  I've gotten drunk.  I've smoked more than my fair share of the pot.  I've even drunk drove more than I would like to admit.  I am from Wisconsin, if that is a defense.  I do believe the NFL has realized that drug abusers shouldn't be punished the same as domestic abusers.  It seems obvious but our culture has been very punitive toward people consuming substances that hurt no one else than themselves.

• Thanks 1

stevegrab    827

I know lots of people that like to drink and some who smoke their "fair share of the pot" as michaelredd9 says, most of those people don't go to work drunk or stoned every day, get suspended from their job regularly, or have other troubles impacting their lives.  Are they just not addicts like Josh? What allows them to make rational decisions in their best interest, vs. Josh who cannot do that and succumbs to his desire to be stoned?

This is one reason I usually have a hard time buying into the "addiction is my problem". How do we distinguish between true addicton and lack of willpower?

• Like 1

loaf    820
On 11/7/2017 at 0:12 PM, stevegrab said:

This is one reason I usually have a hard time buying into the "addiction is my problem". How do we distinguish between true addicton and lack of willpower?

If you're honest with yourself and with your assessor, you'd have the answer between will power and addiction.

tazinib1    915
On 11/7/2017 at 9:12 AM, stevegrab said:

I know lots of people that like to drink and some who smoke their "fair share of the pot" as michaelredd9 says, most of those people don't go to work drunk or stoned every day, get suspended from their job regularly, or have other troubles impacting their lives.  Are they just not addicts like Josh? What allows them to make rational decisions in their best interest, vs. Josh who cannot do that and succumbs to his desire to be stoned?

You can't distinguish true addiction and lack of willpower because they are inclusive. For most addicts, it takes the loss/suspension of their job, troubles impacting their lives, loss of friends and family support and the loss of the ability to make rational decisions to even realize they are addicts. We are not talking about the social user here. When you keep doing things, knowing the consequences and disregarding those consequences, you have a problem. Having the willpower to say no to your addictive abuse is only a small percentage of the ingredients needed for a lifestyle change. Only when one succumbs to the fact they have no control over their addiction, will they have the strength to muster the willpower to end it. Other than that, it's pretty much all "smoke and mirrors" and manipulation to continue further with their destructive lifestyle. 

Edited by tazinib1
  • Like 5

Gourdeau    147

Yup. He's better than most my flex options due to injury

oG1KeNoBi    107

Yeah I got him last week before kickoff since it was reported he'd be practicing on Monday or at least early in the week. I don't have many quality bench WRs so here's to hoping he makes a significant contribution. 

Alphashado    77
On 11/22/2017 at 5:55 PM, HowboutthemCowboys said:

Nope.

Baltimore and Chicago weeks 15 and 16. Someone else can risk it

Davante Adams had 8 receptions & 125 yards vs Baltimore with something called Brett Hundley throwing him the ball in a shutout while also throwing 3 Interceptions.

Just sayin.

tazinib1    915
On 11/25/2017 at 5:55 AM, Alphashado said:

Davante Adams had 8 receptions & 125 yards vs Baltimore with something called Brett Hundley throwing him the ball in a shutout while also throwing 3 Interceptions.

Just sayin.

:clap:

stevegrab    827

Pleasantly suprised, the proof will come in the offseason, can he stay clean, stay focused on football, etc.

loaf    820

I am surprised as well. And I grabbed him off waivers a couple weeks ago, just in case...started him yesterday