[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jay Ajayi

ImNotSoIgnorant

So why is Jay Ajayi rated so high? I was planning on keeping him, but I decided to investigate beyond his adp. He didn't do much his first year. In 2016 he had four good weeks. Otherwise he was a bust. Cutler's his QB now who hasn't had a lot of time to practice with the team or learn the play book. So I assume they'll be running more, but with a poor passing game the defense can stack the front or protect rushing to the outside with a lot more success.  So yeah, why is he rated so highly?

Cutler is a flawed quarterback but he has a rocket for an arm.  Defenses have to honor that.  The offensive skill players surrounding him have always done well.  I'm not downgrading any Dolphins players because of him.  And he looks healthier than he ever has before.  He looks thinner and has a better complexion than previously.  He used to always have a bit of a bloated and pasty look to him like a drinker and pill popper.  Maybe fatherhood caused him to adopt a healthier lifestyle.

Cutler is a type I diabetic so I hope he's not pill popping and drinking.

Thing is he was hopeless as his career ended in Chicago. Why precisely do we think he's going to be any better in Miami? Chicago's offensive line was better than Miami's and the skill positions were probably a wash or maybe better in Chicago. Coaching could be better in Miami (Fox has been running on fumes for a few years now), as could management, but Cutler is going to be a liability sooner rather than later.

To the point of the thread, I think Ajayi can be successful with either QB. You can say there are question marks based on large differences in his game-to-game performances but everyone rated after him has just as many question marks. I had him rated a bit lower than most because I think his risk is higher...but if he has a monster this year who would be surprised?

Edited by stethant

54 minutes ago, stethant said:

Thing is he was hopeless as his career ended in Chicago. Why precisely do we think he's going to be any better in Miami? 

He doesn't need to be better than he was in Chicago.  His quality offensive skill position players always did well with him even when he was putting up average stats and losing games.  Cutler was never a quarterback to spread things around much to the lesser talent players.

Chicago's offensive line was better than Miami's and the skill positions were probably a wash or maybe better in Chicago. 

Miami's offensive line is a concern.  Especially since Cutler likes to hold on to the ball for so long.  Miami's offensive skill position players are excellent.  And he did have some excellent ones in Chicago.  And they consistently produced.

Cutler is a type I diabetic so I hope he's not pill popping and drinking.

Notice he is wearing a different shirt in each photo.

jay-cutler-drinking-compilation.png

Edited by michaelredd9

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

You don't think being a drunkard, opiate addict, or out of shape affects a player's preparation and performance?

Is your proof of this supposed to be those pictures, one of which shows him drinking a beer (maybe) and none of which are identified as to when they were taken. I guess somebody with eyes closed or red eyes on a photo (hmm red-eye reduction must only be for drunks/addicts) is drunk addict.

14 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Is your proof of this supposed to be those pictures, one of which shows him drinking a beer (maybe) and none of which are identified as to when they were taken. I guess somebody with eyes closed or red eyes on a photo (hmm red-eye reduction must only be for drunks/addicts) is drunk addict.

There are tons of photos of Cutler drinking online.  And he has always looked unhealthy and out of shape.  He looks healthy now.  The opiate suggestion on my part is pure speculation based on how he looks.  Pill poppers get a pasty look to them.  But maybe he was just a drinker and had a poor diet.  Here are the full photos from the above cropped photos.  Each was taken in a bar.  He is drunk af.

images (1).jpg

images.jpg

images (2).jpg

20 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

There are tons of photos of Cutler drinking online.  And he has always looked unhealthy and out of shape.  He looks healthy now.  The opiate suggestion on my part is pure speculation based on how he looks.  Pill poppers get a pasty look to them.  But maybe he was just a drinker and had a poor diet.  Here are the full photos from the above cropped photos.  Each was taken in a bar.  He is drunk af.

images (1).jpg

images.jpg

images (2).jpg

Nice to know you can judge that people are drunk from pictures (from who knows when, and surely not doctored by anybdoy), wonder why cops bother with a BAC test. Figured its all just speculation on your part, but you call the guy a drunk and a pill popper over and over acting like you have facts. Are you always this judgemental?  Did you ever drink and look hammered, guess that would make you a drunk too.

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Nice to know you can judge that people are drunk from pictures (from who knows when, and surely not doctored by anybdoy), wonder why cops bother with a BAC test. Figured its all just speculation on your part, but you call the guy a drunk and a pill popper over and over acting like you have facts. Are you always this judgemental?  Did you ever drink and look hammered, guess that would make you a drunk too.

He is obviously trashed in those photos.  Unless your theory that the photos were doctored is true.  But there are tons of photos online of him drinking.  That must be one skilled and busy photoshopper.  And I'm not judging him as a person.  I'm from Wisconsin.  I get drunk on a semi-regular basis.  But being a boozer isn't good for a football player.

As a Type 1 let me just say that alcohol in moderation for diabetics is no different from alcohol in moderation by those that are not diabetic.  The only major difference is that when we are drinking we need to pay more attention to our blood sugar levels if intoxicated as they will typically drop due to the body focusing on expelling waste and no longer processing sugars (like any persons body does when drinking).  Thus most have to set the insulin intake to be less (if using pump) or eat something ahead of time (if using insulin shots with a long term insulin) so the sugars are a little higher, and again only if planning to get truly intoxicated.  Otherwise it shouldn't have a significant affect unless dealing with alcoholism. 

Knowing is half the battle...

13 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

He is obviously trashed in those photos.  Unless your theory that the photos were doctored is true.  But there are tons of photos online of him drinking.  That must be one skilled and busy photoshopper.  And I'm not judging him as a person.  I'm from Wisconsin.  I get drunk on a semi-regular basis.  But being a boozer isn't good for a football player.

Ok whatever, not going to drag this out, you think he's a drunk pill popping opiate addict based on tenous proof (online photos and stories that support that view). I just think its a irrepsonible to label people like that without more than "he's drinking and looks hammered".

Yes that behavior (being a drunk or drug user) is bad for a pro athlete. But I don't hear you talking much about other players who go out clubbing and drinking, carousing with a multitude of sexual partners, etc. Just seemed like it was personal with Cutler.

Now back to Ajayi, yeah good guy wish I had him on my team.

On 8/27/2017 at 11:10 AM, ImNotSoIgnorant said:

So why is Jay Ajayi rated so high? I was planning on keeping him, but I decided to investigate beyond his adp. He didn't do much his first year. In 2016 he had four good weeks. Otherwise he was a bust. Cutler's his QB now who hasn't had a lot of time to practice with the team or learn the play book. So I assume they'll be running more, but with a poor passing game the defense can stack the front or protect rushing to the outside with a lot more success.  So yeah, why is he rated so highly?

two of those 4 games vs the same team (BUF 29th in rushing yards allowed).  He does sort of pass the eye test and will get the volume. Where should he be ranked? huddle projects about 9th a tick in front of Crowell and Cook/Fournette.  Seems about right, is he going to bust?

2 hours ago, robotpimp said:

two of those 4 games vs the same team (BUF 29th in rushing yards allowed).  He does sort of pass the eye test and will get the volume. Where should he be ranked? huddle projects about 9th a tick in front of Crowell and Cook/Fournette.  Seems about right, is he going to bust?

That is a bit murkey I guess. When I said high I'm referring to seehimg him go in the top 5.