[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jarvis Landry up for trade?

tazinib1

4 minutes ago, DanTheMan_5 said:

As a Dynasty Landry owner, I'm actually ok with him staying in Miami this year with Cutler at the helm. I would have loved for him to go to NE but it's not the end of the world. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

It sounds like they shopped him and there were no takers.  Mike Lombardi is very well connected in the NFL.  His source was probably a GM.

Interesting. I wonder what the asking price was? 

6 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

Interesting. I wonder what the asking price was? 

If they really wanted to trade him, a second round pick would be normal.  He isn't a true superstar and he has only 1 year left on his contract so teams wouldn't likely give up a first round pick for him.  The Dolphins wouldn't accept a third round pick for him since they'll likely get a third round compensatory pick after he leaves.  Maybe the Dolphins were only testing the waters and were asking for a first round pick and that is why there were no takers.

• Like 2

Actually they wanted some LB help + a 2nd. No takers. Not gonna franchise a WR of his skill set. D. Parker is set to become the alpha WR of the team and they have some younger guys who they feel can fill that slot/possesion/OJ McDuffie type position. He'll be gone next year so will be playing '17 for a long term big $$ type deal.

3 minutes ago, dougsul said:

You make an argument that Cutler is not as much as check down QB as Tannehill  he also seems to lack the soft touch for the short passing game, this may hurt Landry a little. 

Cutler knows Gase's offense inside and out. Landry likes to come across the middle for those little zippers that pile up the RAC yardage. He over matches the LB or safety assigned to him and Cutler has some zip on the ball to make those type of throws.  I think the timing issue between QB and the WR's will be the thing that takes the longest to develop. That's why Cutler has looked downfield more during practices and the pre-season games. This really favors Parker and Stills. Of course if Cutler is under pressure because of a sub par O-Line, he might lean on Landry and J. Thomas more.  Landry may not post really decent numbers for a few weeks but he is for sure a WR2/WR3 as the season moves forward.

• Like 1