[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MESSAGE BOARD LEAGUES

DMD

Yeah I noticed some issues with draft order as well. My pick is too early in round 3.

I don't know how that happened and I do not know how to fix it since the draft already started. It appears it is just that third round switch.

21 minutes ago, DMD said:

I don't know how that happened and I do not know how to fix it since the draft already started. It appears it is just that third round switch.

Can we take a snapshot of what has been drafted and see what happens when we reset the draft order back to serpentine?

Not sure how to set it to serpentine apparently. II don't have time to dig in and figure it out right now.

I made you another commissioner. 

It's in Draft Setup -> Draft Order Setup - All Rounds

http://www98.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=36846&O=90

Draft Type:  The first round is as set up above, and each successive round of the draft is the opposite order of the prior round (an "S" or "serpentine" draft).
 The first round of the draft is randomly selected, and each successive round of the draft is the opposite order of the prior round (an "S" or "serpentine" draft). 
 All rounds of the draft are randomly picked.
 All odd rounds of the draft are randomly picked, all even rounds are the opposite of the previous round.
 The first round is as set up above, and each round of the draft is the same order as the first.
 The first round is as set up above, and then it's a "3rd Round Reverse Serpentine" draft (1-N, N-1, N-1, 1-N, N-1, serpentine for the remainder of the draft). 
 The first round of the draft is randomly selected, and then it's a "3rd Round Reverse Serpentine" draft (1-N, N-1, N-1, 1-N, N-1, serpentine for the remainder of the draft). 

You can't make this change once the draft starts though.  You'd have to go into every single round and reverse their orders manually.

3RR is much more fair than standard serpentine anyway.  Of course those early in the draft are going to want it changed, but it really mitigates the advantage that the premium picks are.

8 minutes ago, flemingd said:

You can't make this change once the draft starts though.  You'd have to go into every single round and reverse their orders manually.

3RR is much more fair than standard serpentine anyway.  Of course those early in the draft are going to want it changed, but it really mitigates the advantage that the premium picks are.

Who's to say those that have early picks have "premium picks" though?  Especially in best ball format.  Hell, I would have rather had picks later in the round, ESPECIALLY in this format.  In fact, in a best ball format, I would contend that those at the end of the round have the "premium picks".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

I have to agree with FlemingD.  We are mid draft....I don't think it's fair to make changes.

Agreed. It is what it is. The league isn't won in the first 4 rounds anyway. This league requires some savvy in later rounds. All is good. Now if we can get over our speed bump I'd like to destroy the draft with my next 2 picks. 

Honestly, its a free league. Who really cares. That being said, I have the 6th pick in II and didn't make any difference whatsoever for my draft order. 

Just let it ride, its supposed to fun.

Now as for number of rounds, I say bump it up to 24, even if it goes into the first game.

• DMD unpinned this topic