[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Players you aren't targeting but keep getting this year..

Atlanta Cracker

There a few guys I have targeted and managed to get in a few leagues (C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, Tyrell Williams) but there are also a few that I seem to keep ending up with (both auction and snake) that I wasn't really targeting but keep ending up with based on the value they present at a certain point: 

DeAndre Hopkins HOU WR

Allen Robinson JAC WR

Ameer Abdullah DET RB

I guess I haven't been burned by overpaying for them in the past enough to have them on my totally avoid list.  Was wondering if anyone else had similar experience with these guys or others.

1 minute ago, loaf said:

CJ Anderson seems to be falling in drafts and lingers around longer than he should. I seem to take the plunge without looking too

Yep he's been there several times for me as well but I generally had a need somewhere else or had to take someone I was targeting there (like Henry maybe).  Might be a mistake on my part.  Also, I was all in on him a couple of years ago and that burned me severely so I am still holding a grudge.

1 hour ago, Atlanta Cracker said:

DeAndre Hopkins HOU WR

55 minutes ago, loaf said:

CJ Anderson seems to be falling in drafts and lingers around longer than he should. I seem to take the plunge without looking too

+1 on both these guys. I've had Hopkins when he was awesome but last year owning him damn near broke me. Spent the whole offseason bitching about how I'd never roster him again.

Last week in one league I made an in-draft trade to drop back - hoping that someone else would take him so I didn't have to. No one did, so he's on my team. At some point the value exceeds the vomit.

Anderson makes me all kinds of nervous but the upside is there.

10 minutes ago, stethant said:

+1 on both these guys. I've had Hopkins when he was awesome but last year owning him damn near broke me. Spent the whole offseason bitching about how I'd never roster him again.

Last week in one league I made an in-draft trade to drop back - hoping that someone else would take him so I didn't have to. No one did, so he's on my team. At some point the value exceeds the vomit.

Anderson makes me all kinds of nervous but the upside is there.

The bolded is going to be my rallying cry as I head to the draft board in every round, awesome :)

• Like 2

Jacquizz Rodgers made the cut on both of mine.  In the first, it was in part because I drafted both Zeke and Mixon (God help me...considering naming that team Assault and Battery).  I figured I needed something viable for a few weeks to start the year.  Also, I took the plunge a little early on Run DMC.

In the second, I was drunk and Rodgers sure looked prettier at closing time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, buddahj said:

I've done 3 drafts and have been fortunate that I didn't feel like I was settling for any players. The guys I drafted on multiple teams were guys that I was targeting. 

Well la dee da to you! Some of us aren't lucky enough to have EVERY player we are targeting fall to us. :shades:

• Like 1

Just now, heehawks said:

Well la dee da to you! Some of us aren't lucky enough to have EVERY player we are targeting fall to us. :shades:

Not every player but I did draft Zeke, Martin & Ware on one team. Couldn't get any of their backups either lol. I'll be rolling out Coleman & Gio. Gonna be a long season lol. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Def. said:

Have also drafted Hopkins in 3 out of 4 redraft leagues where he was available.  All 3rd round picks.   

The upside is obviously there, but I'd feel dirty even drafting him in the 3rd this year, i'm that down on him.

47 minutes ago, PPIchamp said:

I keep missing out on some mini TE runs and end up with Ebron, he's been the last guy before the dropoff into sleeper/lottery pick territory.

Landed D Martin a few times already too, falls a bit more than he oughta.

Same.  In those drafts I liked to reach a bit for Jizz Rodgers in case he runs away with the job in the first couple weeks.

• Like 1

Mark Ingram seems to usually be available in the mid 5th round which is the point in the draft where the tier 2 players have completely dried up.  It's nice getting a running back in the 5th round who has such a high floor.  Ingram has been too good in both the run game and the pass game to get squeezed out by a geriatric Adrian Peterson or a rookie.  I think that the addition of Peterson means that Ingram will have his role in the passing game increase which is great in PPR.  The Saints running backs had 127 receptions last year which is probably the most in NFL history (I'm not sure how to look that stat up).  I've been loving him falling to me.

Edited by michaelredd9