Atlanta Cracker

Players you aren't targeting but keep getting this year..

Recommended Posts

There a few guys I have targeted and managed to get in a few leagues (C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, Tyrell Williams) but there are also a few that I seem to keep ending up with (both auction and snake) that I wasn't really targeting but keep ending up with based on the value they present at a certain point: 

 

DeAndre Hopkins HOU WR

Allen Robinson JAC WR

Ameer Abdullah DET RB

 

I guess I haven't been burned by overpaying for them in the past enough to have them on my totally avoid list.  Was wondering if anyone else had similar experience with these guys or others.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CJ Anderson seems to be falling in drafts and lingers around longer than he should. I seem to take the plunge without looking too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, loaf said:

CJ Anderson seems to be falling in drafts and lingers around longer than he should. I seem to take the plunge without looking too

 

Yep he's been there several times for me as well but I generally had a need somewhere else or had to take someone I was targeting there (like Henry maybe).  Might be a mistake on my part.  Also, I was all in on him a couple of years ago and that burned me severely so I am still holding a grudge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He burned me too but he's not my RB1 this time. He's a bye week filler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopkins and Abdullah have ended up on my teams as well. They have fallen really far, I couldn't pass on them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atlanta Cracker said:

DeAndre Hopkins HOU WR

 

 

55 minutes ago, loaf said:

CJ Anderson seems to be falling in drafts and lingers around longer than he should. I seem to take the plunge without looking too

+1 on both these guys. I've had Hopkins when he was awesome but last year owning him damn near broke me. Spent the whole offseason bitching about how I'd never roster him again.

 

Last week in one league I made an in-draft trade to drop back - hoping that someone else would take him so I didn't have to. No one did, so he's on my team. At some point the value exceeds the vomit.

 

Anderson makes me all kinds of nervous but the upside is there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stethant said:

 

+1 on both these guys. I've had Hopkins when he was awesome but last year owning him damn near broke me. Spent the whole offseason bitching about how I'd never roster him again.

 

Last week in one league I made an in-draft trade to drop back - hoping that someone else would take him so I didn't have to. No one did, so he's on my team. At some point the value exceeds the vomit.

 

Anderson makes me all kinds of nervous but the upside is there.

 

The bolded is going to be my rallying cry as I head to the draft board in every round, awesome :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done 3 drafts and have been fortunate that I didn't feel like I was settling for any players. The guys I drafted on multiple teams were guys that I was targeting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacquizz Rodgers made the cut on both of mine.  In the first, it was in part because I drafted both Zeke and Mixon (God help me...considering naming that team Assault and Battery).  I figured I needed something viable for a few weeks to start the year.  Also, I took the plunge a little early on Run DMC.

 

In the second, I was drunk and Rodgers sure looked prettier at closing time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, buddahj said:

I've done 3 drafts and have been fortunate that I didn't feel like I was settling for any players. The guys I drafted on multiple teams were guys that I was targeting. 

Well la dee da to you! Some of us aren't lucky enough to have EVERY player we are targeting fall to us. :shades:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heehawks said:

Well la dee da to you! Some of us aren't lucky enough to have EVERY player we are targeting fall to us. :shades:

Not every player but I did draft Zeke, Martin & Ware on one team. Couldn't get any of their backups either lol. I'll be rolling out Coleman & Gio. Gonna be a long season lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have also drafted Hopkins in 3 out of 4 redraft leagues where he was available.  All 3rd round picks.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot about Jam Winston...have him in 2 outta 3 so far

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Def. said:

Have also drafted Hopkins in 3 out of 4 redraft leagues where he was available.  All 3rd round picks.   

 

The upside is obviously there, but I'd feel dirty even drafting him in the 3rd this year, i'm that down on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep missing out on some mini TE runs and end up with Ebron, he's been the last guy before the dropoff into sleeper/lottery pick territory.

 

Landed D Martin a few times already too, falls a bit more than he oughta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, PPIchamp said:

I keep missing out on some mini TE runs and end up with Ebron, he's been the last guy before the dropoff into sleeper/lottery pick territory.

 

Landed D Martin a few times already too, falls a bit more than he oughta.

 

Same.  In those drafts I liked to reach a bit for Jizz Rodgers in case he runs away with the job in the first couple weeks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not specifically targeted, but ended up with Gillislee, Decker and Martin in both of my drafts so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep ending up with Mixon.  If he tanks, that's going to hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny how sometimes the players you have sworn off and are avoiding are the same players you end up drafting.  It's impossible to deny that players like DeAndre Hopkins and Allen Robinson might rebound.  I won't draft them high, but at some point they are impossible to bypass.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Martavis Bryant in 2/3 leagues. I drafted him in the 5th and 6th. I think he has a big year! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark Ingram seems to usually be available in the mid 5th round which is the point in the draft where the tier 2 players have completely dried up.  It's nice getting a running back in the 5th round who has such a high floor.  Ingram has been too good in both the run game and the pass game to get squeezed out by a geriatric Adrian Peterson or a rookie.  I think that the addition of Peterson means that Ingram will have his role in the passing game increase which is great in PPR.  The Saints running backs had 127 receptions last year which is probably the most in NFL history (I'm not sure how to look that stat up).  I've been loving him falling to me.

 

Edited by michaelredd9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.