[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ameer Abdullah

ImNotSoIgnorant

I just finished pre-draft ranking my RBs for PPR this year. I generally do not think "wait, that's too low/high" until after I'm done. So in my rankings Ameer Abdullah came at 25. Mixon, Woodhead, and Powell are before him on my list. I'm probably going to downgrade Powell and woodhead. How are you guys rating Abdullah?

From Eisenberg (CBS):

This could be a big year for Abdullah, who is being projected for at least 200 carries and 35 catches. If that happens, Abdullah is a candidate for about 1,300 total yards, and he could easily score about five touchdowns even if he's sharing work with Theo Riddick and Zach Zenner. I plan to draft Abdullah as a No. 2 Fantasy running back in Round 5, and I expect his ADP to climb into that range prior to Labor Day weekend.

I loaded up on WR's in my draft last weekend first 3 rounds.  Got CJ Anderson in the 4th, Jordan Reed in the 5th and Abdullah in the 6th.  With the quality backs still around in the 4-6th rounds, I couldn't pass up that value.  Then I lucked into Kareem Hunt being available in the 7th. 

2 hours ago, LeonardPart6 said:

I loaded up on WR's in my draft last weekend first 3 rounds.  Got CJ Anderson in the 4th, Jordan Reed in the 5th and Abdullah in the 6th.  With the quality backs still around in the 4-6th rounds, I couldn't pass up that value.  Then I lucked into Kareem Hunt being available in the 7th. 

Consider yourself very lucky that you were able to snag Hunt in the 7th still.  He's been going far earlier in 2 of my drafts so far.

I don't get that hate for this guy.  I'll take him in the 6th round all day long.  He just turned 24 in June, and he's looked good and he's a starter.  I seem to be getting him a lot, so I must think more highly of him than some others do.  

53 minutes ago, kdko said:

Consider yourself very lucky that you were able to snag Hunt in the 7th still.  He's been going far earlier in 2 of my drafts so far.

Yeah and probably for peeps like me who draft on the last weekend I'm sure Hunt will be gone easily in the 4th.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, robotpimp said:

Yeah and probably for peeps like me who draft on the last weekend I'm sure Hunt will be gone easily in the 4th.

Can confirm.  He was drafted 3.08 in my 12 team standard scoring league last night as the 17th RB off the board.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:43 PM, kdko said:

I had my last draft last night (16 team league).  Hunt got drafted last pick of the 3rd round.  So 4th round(ish) in a standard 12 team league. 

Sadly I did not get him.  :(

On 9/1/2017 at 1:40 PM, michaelredd9 said:

I like Hunt.  A lot.  But I can't see drafting him in the third round.  I think a lot of people who are drafting rookie running backs this year are going to be disappointed.  Rookies are inherently risky.  It is easy to be optimistic when they haven't failed, yet.

Agree about rooking RBs but wound up with Dalvin Cook this year. 

On 9/1/2017 at 1:40 PM, michaelredd9 said:

I like Hunt.  A lot.  But I can't see drafting him in the third round.  I think a lot of people who are drafting rookie running backs this year are going to be disappointed.  Rookies are inherently risky.  It is easy to be optimistic when they haven't failed, yet.

This is so true!  I have at least 1 draft were I can see I drank the rookie koolaid and could be in real trouble.

31 minutes ago, NAUgrad said:

This is so true!  I have at least 1 draft were I can see I drank the rookie koolaid and could be in real trouble.

I think we've all been drinking the rookie koolaid.  It's partially because the non-rookies available in rounds 3 and 4 are so unappealing.  When I haven't been drafting a rookie running back, I've been ending up with Lamar Miller, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Marshawn Lynch, Keenan Allen, and Tyreek Hill.  They are all risky.  Also, CMC, Cook, Hunt, and Mixon are all capable of getting a ton of receptions which gives them a very high ceiling.  Since I value my third round pick so little, I've been trying to trade my low first round picks along with my third round pick to get a top-3 first round pick.  So far, there have been no takers.

The biggest concerns for Abdullah are his health and the quality of his offensive line. That being said, apparently the Cardinals were interested in Abdullah in the draft a couple of years ago, but the Lions snagged him instead so they had to "settle" for David Johnson. I guess my point in bringing that up is to remind everyone what sort of talent Adbullah is. He has been snakebitten with injury. He's kind of like the RB version of Keenan Allen in that regard. 

As for rookie RBs, there are some I understand the love for and some I don't. I understand it for Hunt. The Chiefs moved up to snag him in the draft, and they already know what they have in Charcandrick West. The only concern with Hunt is his pass blocking - he'll lost snaps if he doesn't get that figured out. But his role as a workhorse appears to be strong, despite the comments about a "committee approach". He just might not get as many catches until he "gets it" in pass pro. And the Chiefs' offensive line is a plus as well. 

I don't get the love for Christian McCaffrey. He might be electric with the ball, but he is not a goal-line back at all. He also is going to a team with a meh offensive line and with a QB who hasn't shown a ton of love to RBs in his career. Granted, they drafted McCaffrey early and will use him, but I think 4 TDs is probably a good guess for him. I'd rather have a guy with better 10+ TD upside like Abdullah (or Hunt). I also think Dalvin Cook could lose out on goalline work with Latavius Murray there. And the Vikings have a bottom rung offensive line to boot. And Mixon isn't even starting yet technically... I'm not sure i want to invest a 3rd or 4th round pick in a guy who we are waiting to emerge. Fournette has foot issues and plays for Jacksonville. Enough said on him. Hunt is the only one I really like.

3 hours ago, loaf said:

start him while you can. Along with Eifert

I have Eifert to back-up Gronk!  LOL  talk about glutton for punishment!  the trick will be to have one healthy while the other is out and vice-versa!  sorry, didn't mean to hijack Abdullah's thread, but I have him on my team, too...  should change my team name from The Outlaws to Fragile-aws...  LOL

On 9/1/2017 at 0:40 PM, michaelredd9 said:

Give me more of that koolaid

• Like 1