[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auction draft shenanigans

tazinib1

1 minute ago, tazinib1 said:

Someone put of David Johnson for bid and he went for $57

problem is...its David Johnson TE Steelers :lol:

:usa::usa::usa:

Brilliant strat to get owner(s) not paying attention? Or dirty play? 

Dirty IMO...funny as manure...but cheap as hell. 

On Monday, September 04, 2017 at 2:56 PM, NOSaint said:

In my auction league its standard that when you put up a player, you state his name, position and team. For that exact reason

Any player mentioned for auction or being drafted should include their full name, team and position.

We had a problem one year because some guy drafted Anthony Gonzalez the WR (IND?) but said "Tony" Gonzalez because he doesn't like the full name Anthony. We use a draft board with color coded stickers so some may have noticed he was using a WR not TE colored sticker. I was looking at the TE stickers and saw Gonzalez still there, had to ask for clarifiction as I made the pick and many were suprised it was the other Gonzalez.

To this day we still have people just saying names, and if othes ask for team or position those owners moan about having to explain it. Most have some master sheet to cross players off (may be on a device) and seaching for common names without a team/pos make that harder.

PS I think it is bush league, and as a commissioner I'd put an end to it quick. How do the other teams even know who they are bidding on, can the guy who started the bidding sit there laughing and then explain he meant some OTHER guy?