[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bucs/Dolphins won't play in Miami Sunday

Wolverines Fan

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/05/bucs-dolphins-will-not-play-in-miami-on-sunday-nfl-still-deciding-where-and-when/

Still up in the air.

Both teams have a Week 11 bye. :thinking:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

15 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Some of the comments on Twitter and other media are down right pathetic, people worried about Fantasy Football when people's lives are in danger. Anyone on the site here from down that way, thoughts and prayers are with you !

+1,000,000

28 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

Would they count that week 11 game to week 1 results?

And yes, I obviously care what's going on with the people down there.  Just like we all cared about what happened with the people in Houston.  

Good question. Not sure how that works actually. 

5 hours ago, indyrckstar said:

Would they count that week 11 game to week 1 results?

And yes, I obviously care what's going on with the people down there.  Just like we all cared about what happened with the people in Houston.  

Got to assume week one is MIA-TB bye week. Would be ridiculous waiting 10 weeks to find out whether Mike Evans scored you enough points to win your week 1 matchup. 

2 hours ago, Dolphin_Akie said:

Got to assume week one is MIA-TB bye week. Would be ridiculous waiting 10 weeks to find out whether Mike Evans scored you enough points to win your week 1 matchup. 

That would make sense.  Sucks as I have Doug Martin.  Now it's like a 4 game suspension.  I picked up Rogers last night.  Can't start either.  I also have McFadden but apparently Elliot is playing week one.  The guy I am playing against has Elliot.   WTF

My current RBs for week one will be Jordan Howard and probably Joe Mixon.

The NFL officially postponed the Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Miami Dolphins tilt until Week 11.

With Hurricane Irma gaining steam as it moves toward South Florida, the league announced the matchup will be moved from Sunday to Sunday, Nov. 19. Both the Bucs and Dolphins had a bye in Week 11.

The news means that Miami and Tampa will play 16 straight games to close out the season.

Stats cannot count for week 1 in week 11.   You would have to have the rosters lock for week 1 and what if someone like Evans did not play in week 11.     It sucks more for the Bucs who might be fighting for a playoff spot and now there bye week could be in week 1 then they play 16 games in a row.     It sucks no matter how you look at it but the safety of everyone in the Miami area is more important than a football game. 

Note to NFL - Teams in hurricane zones should start the first few weeks on the road.    

I think the best course of action would be to move the game to monday night of week 11, this way both teams will know the results of the other games and this could affect the decisions on whether they roll out their stars for full game or not based on standings etc, that bye week especially late is so crucial

2 hours ago, Patriots said:

Stats cannot count for week 1 in week 11.   You would have to have the rosters lock for week 1 and what if someone like Evans did not play in week 11.     It sucks more for the Bucs who might be fighting for a playoff spot and now there bye week could be in week 1 then they play 16 games in a row.     It sucks no matter how you look at it but the safety of everyone in the Miami area is more important than a football game. 

Note to NFL - Teams in hurricane zones should start the first few weeks on the road.    

It doesn't suck for me.  I open the season against my brother-in-law whose first two picks were Mike Evans and Julian Edelman....and I get to use Zeke against him.  :lol:

/def sucks for FL though

Seems the more they looked at neutral sites going as far away as PHI and PIT (instead of the originally rumored move to NO or maybe ATL) that it became less of a good solution, especially since MIA would lose a second home game (they already gave up one to play in London) and start their season with 4 games played, none at home in MIA (@LAC, @NYJ, vs. NO in London).

What sucks for these NFL teams and their players is they really get no bye week. Sure they don't have a game this Sunday, but teams on a bye usually don't spend time practicing, having planning meetings etc as they've been doing this week preparing to play on Sunday. I think the CBA even has some rules about players having some number of days (4-5) completely off with no team activity.

I think the suggestion to play on MNF so teams know if the game matters is kind of interesting, but rather flawed. It will be week 11, they'll have 6 more games (7 total with that game) to be played, nearly have a season. Would teams really rest certain players because winning that game isn't critical?  Especailly for teams that don't reguarly win 12-14 games per season?

Opponent in 1st game in my long time local has Ajayi, Landry, and D.Jack as his starters. With OBJ kinda gimpy. Hoping for an early win with the first week bye. As for the hurricane, heard it is slightly moving east and landfall may not take the full grunt, thank heavens. 

Miami students and personell look very likely to have to evacuate anyway.  Why not evacuate.... to a safe location 1000 miles away and play the game?  Saves hotels space north for others that have to evacuate.  As far as getting back, if SoFl airports are down fly back into Orlando, or Atlanta/Tallahassee and bus back.   Other Florida schools actually playing in Florida are not moving the games. 

Not judging, just a curious decision in an away game. 

10 hours ago, colkurtz said:

Miami students and personell look very likely to have to evacuate anyway.  Why not evacuate.... to a safe location 1000 miles away and play the game?  Saves hotels space north for others that have to evacuate.  As far as getting back, if SoFl airports are down fly back into Orlando, or Atlanta/Tallahassee and bus back.   Other Florida schools actually playing in Florida are not moving the games.

Not judging, just a curious decision in an away game.

Are you talking about a college game or TB-MIA NFL game?