[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots/Chiefs thread

tazinib1

18 minutes ago, heehawks said:

Problem is, you and others (including me) are going to now start them next week and get nothing out of them...damn ff chasing points...

I'm more inclined to start Hunt next week. He looks like the real deal. But having them two plus Bell, Martin & Powell gives me some ridiculous depth. 

4 minutes ago, Vato22 said:

I'm calling it now.  The pats will not make the playoffs... This patriot team looks seriously flawed.. Tom Brady's decent has begun

Not a Pats fan at all, but let's be realistic. What team in the AFC East do you think finishes with a better record? Even if they are mediocre this year, 8-8 might win that division. I also think you're not giving the Chiefs enough credit for playing really well (especially Alex Smith).

First game of the season folks. Let's not get carried away. KC is a GOOD team and NE has had some injuries that they can't account for today. Don't see anyone in their division having a better record in the end. I agree though they don't look good at all. Brady is not Brady today at all. Maybe father time has finally come calling?

Edited by Cowboyz1

1 minute ago, Vato22 said:

I'm saying right now the Dolphins will finish better than the pats.. Hightower is there whole middle of the D and they can't pressure anybody.. Kc o line pass protection is mediocre at best

Patriots don't look like the Patriots but I see no way Dolphins doing better then them. I'm sure they will find and fix the issues

I understand it's the first game people.. I've watched and played a lot of football in my life, and I'm telling you the patriots are in deep trouble... They just lost amendola, Hightower, Edelman is out.. Gronk can't even run a route... And Brady from the get go looked way off... They don't pass the eyeball test and losing major contributors is a big warning sign for a bad year.

My take-home from this game was that the Patriots really don't have a defense without Hightower in there. FFL-wise, that's actually good for the offense.

Brady looked a bit off, maybe due to lack of chemistry with Cooks and no Edelman. Amendola is not a replacement and proved it.

Their division is so weak they will be back.

Respect what KC did tonight, and I had no idea Hunt was this good.

The Patriots offense looked rusty against a good Chiefs defense.

And I think the Pats have been reading too many positive preseason press clippings.

This loss will wake them up.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

New England plays in a division with two teams that have already essentially mailed in the season, and a third who not only lost their starting QB to a season-ending injury, they also have basically no bye-week.  The Patriots may not win the SB again, but there is about a 2% chance they don't make the playoffs.  

4 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Gronk is looking like the wheels are coming off. He running crooked. Like his legs aren't straight or moving normally. 

I thought the exact same thing on the touchdown that got called back.  It looked like one leg was an inch longer than the other leg and he was hobbling along.  Fluid it was not.  I'd be selling if I owned him in dynasty.

Edited by michaelredd9