[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots/Chiefs thread

tazinib1

Anyone want to start a focus group for those of us who had Kareem Hunt on our bench? Haha. I should be ok since Ive got McCoy, Zeke, and Anderson in but man it sucks to have a back on your bench who will probably have more points in a single game than any back all season. Good new s for Hunt owners is he certainly looks like the real deal. 

12 hours ago, Vato22 said:

I'm calling it now.  The pats will not make the playoffs... This patriot team looks seriously flawed.. Tom Brady's decent has begun

First massive overreaction of the season, which team is going to win more games than them, Dolpins?  Bills?  Jets?

The Pats will win 10+ games, their division, at least one playoff game and probably be in the AFC title game.

10 hours ago, Gopher said:

New England plays in a division with two teams that have already essentially mailed in the season, and a third who not only lost their starting QB to a season-ending injury, they also have basically no bye-week.  The Patriots may not win the SB again, but there is about a 2% chance they don't make the playoffs.

And that 2% hinges on them losing Brady for the season before Nov.

12 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I thought the exact same thing on the touchdown that got called back.  It looked like one leg was an inch longer than the other leg and he was hobbling along.  Fluid it was not.  I'd be selling if I owned him in dynasty.

Really...after one bad game you'd sell perhaps one of the greatest TEs ever, who is only 28 years old, and is on one of the most prolific offenses of all-time.  I'd be buying...

9 minutes ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Really...after one bad game you'd sell perhaps one of the greatest TEs ever, who is only 28 years old, and is on one of the most prolific offenses of all-time.  I'd be buying...

I love trading for superstars who start a year out with a bad game or three.  My concern isn't that he had a bad game.  My concern is that it looked like he is having trouble running properly.  He has been injured a lot.  He could be breaking down.  He probably isn't going to have a long career.

24 minutes ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Eh...I'd wait till he has a good/great game...and then I'd sell.  :shades:

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

I love trading for superstars who start a year out with a bad game or three.  My concern isn't that he had a bad game.  My concern is that it looked like he is having trouble running properly.  He has been injured a lot.  He could be breaking down.  He probably isn't going to have a long career.

Is he wearing knee braces on both legs now, instead of just one?  Maybe that is making him run weird. He did look a bit stone like at times, with movements that are not fluid.

35 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Is he wearing knee braces on both legs now, instead of just one?  Maybe that is making him run weird. He did look a bit stone like at times, with movements that are not fluid.

I was just looking at his plays from last night and I don't think he is wearing any knee braces.  His surgery last year was to his spine.  It's was his 3rd spine surgery in his career.  He must be at or near the maximum number of spine surgeries possible without getting a spinal fusion surgery that would end his career.  He definitely is still wearing a big brace on his left arm.  In fact, his left arm seemed to be hurting after he came down on it on the touchdown that was called back.  And he seemed to be walking with a bit of a limp on the sidelines after the play as well.  He has just had too many injuries pile up on him.  His body is too far gone.