[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waiver Wire Targets

Shorttynaz

Just looking at options that are likely out there in most leagues..

QB  Deshaun Watson (not sure he's fantasy startable or rosterable right now, but he's on the radar)

RB  Kerwyn Williams - Personally, I think he's being overhyped.  He won't come close to the potential DJ had in this offense.  The o-line looked horrible, and Palmer does the run game no favors

RB  Tarik Cohen - I think this guy is the best on this list - at least in a PPR league - especially now that Kevin White's out

RB Jarvious Allen - I saw that he had a lot of volume yesterday, but is it sustainable

RB Mike Tolbert - Any McCoy owner should immediately learn from DJ owners and handcuff McCoy with this guy

WR Nelson Agholor - At least yesterday, he looked to be the real deal.  To replace a bench WR or Robinson (if you had him) there could be worse options

WR John Ross - Practiced today, a lot of hype but I think he'll be limited in the coming weeks

WR Cooper Kupp - Even a Colts fan, I watched NONE of that game yesterday.  Not sure what to expect

WR Marquise Lee - Dude was hyped in the preseason as a sleeper (at least on the info I was reading early on), not sure if he ever lives up to expectations - but he's now got his shot. 

WR JJ Nelson - Eh, had a few grabs and a TD yesterday - but the Cardinals were exposed - err - should I say Palmer was exposed. 

WR Allen Hurns - Getting a shot to be more relevant with the loss of Robinson

WR Philip Dorsett - Never really lived up to his 1st round status, new offense, still needs time, but Tom Brady.  Enough said

TE  Jesse James - On the fence here.  He looked very Tony Gonzalez(esque) yesterday.  One week wonder, or the real deal? 

TE Austin Hooper - I watched none of this game, so I don't know if he was just the beneficiary of blown coverage on two long receptions, or is he for real?

TE Jared Cook - Was hyped in St. Louis (when it was still St. Louis), had high expectations last year with Aaron Rodgers throwing to him but stayed irrelevant.  New life in Oakland, or was he just a beneficiary of the matchup yesterday?  I didn't see much of that game either. 

As both a David Johnson and Kevin White (while on the bench) owner, I'm feeling the pain this week.  This isn't a "who do I drop, who do I pick up" post, just wondering who else is out there that I may be overlooking as available in most leagues? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Not sure how I missed Golladay - he's probably the top WR pickup if he's out there.  I'm only in 3 leagues this year, and he's taken in all 3

I drafted him in the 12th and dropped for Kamara before week 1  :bash:  Hopefully I can snag him back.

11 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Just looking at options that are likely out there in most leagues..

QB  Deshaun Watson (not sure he's fantasy startable or rosterable right now, but he's on the radar)

RB  Kerwyn Williams - Personally, I think he's being overhyped.  He won't come close to the potential DJ had in this offense.  The o-line looked horrible, and Palmer does the run game no favors

RB  Tarik Cohen - I think this guy is the best on this list - at least in a PPR league - especially now that Kevin White's out

RB Jarvious Allen - I saw that he had a lot of volume yesterday, but is it sustainable

RB Mike Tolbert - Any McCoy owner should immediately learn from DJ owners and handcuff McCoy with this guy

WR Nelson Agholor - At least yesterday, he looked to be the real deal.  To replace a bench WR or Robinson (if you had him) there could be worse options

WR John Ross - Practiced today, a lot of hype but I think he'll be limited in the coming weeks

WR Cooper Kupp - Even a Colts fan, I watched NONE of that game yesterday.  Not sure what to expect

WR Marquise Lee - Dude was hyped in the preseason as a sleeper (at least on the info I was reading early on), not sure if he ever lives up to expectations - but he's now got his shot. 

WR JJ Nelson - Eh, had a few grabs and a TD yesterday - but the Cardinals were exposed - err - should I say Palmer was exposed. 

WR Allen Hurns - Getting a shot to be more relevant with the loss of Robinson

WR Philip Dorsett - Never really lived up to his 1st round status, new offense, still needs time, but Tom Brady.  Enough said

TE  Jesse James - On the fence here.  He looked very Tony Gonzalez(esque) yesterday.  One week wonder, or the real deal? 

TE Austin Hooper - I watched none of this game, so I don't know if he was just the beneficiary of blown coverage on two long receptions, or is he for real?

TE Jared Cook - Was hyped in St. Louis (when it was still St. Louis), had high expectations last year with Aaron Rodgers throwing to him but stayed irrelevant.  New life in Oakland, or was he just a beneficiary of the matchup yesterday?  I didn't see much of that game either. 

As both a David Johnson and Kevin White (while on the bench) owner, I'm feeling the pain this week.  This isn't a "who do I drop, who do I pick up" post, just wondering who else is out there that I may be overlooking as available in most leagues? 

Im not sure about Kerwyn Williams, reports that Arizona are going to sign someone (possibly Chris Johnson) so wouldn't want to waste a top waiver pick or a lot of FAAB dollars on him.

Tarik Cohen looks the best of the RBs for me. 

3 hours ago, Dolphin_Akie said:

Im not sure about Kerwyn Williams, reports that Arizona are going to sign someone (possibly Chris Johnson) so wouldn't want to waste a top waiver pick or a lot of FAAB dollars on him.

Tarik Cohen looks the best of the RBs for me. 

They already signed DJ Foster.  It's just a depth move 

3 minutes ago, WildTurkey said:

I'm unlikely to get Cohen or Golladay so I'm going in on Corey Coleman...

deep reaches for PPR:

Jermaine Kearse (9 targets)

Shane Vereen (10 targets)

Noticed that but not sure Ill add him cos doubt I'd have the stones to ever start him on that offense.

8 minutes ago, WildTurkey said:

I'm unlikely to get Cohen or Golladay so I'm going in on Corey Coleman...

deep reaches for PPR:

Jermaine Kearse (9 targets)

Shane Vereen (10 targets)

What worries with me is that Vereen got almost all his touches on 1 or 2 drives when they were desperate.  He really hadn't done anything most of the game.

Garbage time stats always concern me.  Don't misunderstand, they may very well decide to use him more moving forward, but the fact that they elected to largely ignore him until garbage time was at the very least concerning.

2 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I like Coleman a lot.  He has a lot of talent.  He is especially good on the long ball and he has a coach who promotes the long ball with a quarterback who has great arm strength.  A double digit touchdown total is a definite possibility.

Pretty sure his per game average points are good in the few games he's played since going pro. 

Jesse James - not sure what was up in the game Sunday,targeted 8 times and caught 6, he was only targeted 15 times all of last year.

As for Corey Coleman he should keep improving but will have some off weeks. I'd expect more of the younger CLE WR to see time, Britt was pretty bad and coach said we'll see if he's still starting (Coleman is the WR1, this is for the WR2 spot).

Lots of good names here, thanks.

RB - Alvin Kamara - Saints

He outsnapped both Ingram and AP last week, and is in the Bush/Sproles satellite back position in the Saints offense.  Both of those guys were special during certain years, and it seems like Payton likes him as opposed to Ingram who's always in his dog house, and AP who might have just talked himself off the roster.  Might be a shootout next week with the Patriots where has has a good game and he'll be too expensive to pick up then.

• Like 1