[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waiver Wire Targets

Shorttynaz

17 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Anyone buying Nelson Agholor , been through this a time or two with him

Waiver wire add in our league, but we're very deep (start 9 bench 9, no flex spots, no roser requirements)

15 hours ago, kdko said:

RB - Alvin Kamara - Saints

He outsnapped both Ingram and AP last week, and is in the Bush/Sproles satellite back position in the Saints offense.  Both of those guys were special during certain years, and it seems like Payton likes him as opposed to Ingram who's always in his dog house, and AP who might have just talked himself off the roster.  Might be a shootout next week with the Patriots where has has a good game and he'll be too expensive to pick up then.

On waivers?  Was drafted in our league, don't recall when.

Of those mentioned in the opening post only Dorsett was not added this week (most were waivers, some were actually drafted like several WR).

27 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Waiver wire add in our league, but we're very deep (start 9 bench 9, no flex spots, no roser requirements)

On waivers?  Was drafted in our league, don't recall when.

Of those mentioned in the opening post only Dorsett was not added this week (most were waivers, some were actually drafted like several WR).

He's only owned in 10% of ESPN leagues right now.

Did a lot of reading on Agholor last night, local philly writers really praised his change in dedication to the game during the off season. The outlook is that Pederson found his niche by putting him in the slot. There seems to be a lot of hype around him. 

Not a lot of chatter about Chris Carson.  What am I missing?  Lacy is toast, Rawls can't stay healthy and this guy actually looks like a complete RB (i.e., he can play all 3 downs).  I get that the SEA o line is crap, but this guy has a shot to get a good amount of volume - not easy to come by these days when it comes to FA RBs.

PS - damn, these forums are dead

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Balzac said:

Not a lot of chatter about Chris Carson.  What am I missing?  Lacy is toast, Rawls can't stay healthy and this guy actually looks like a complete RB (i.e., he can play all 3 downs).  I get that the SEA o line is crap, but this guy has a shot to get a good amount of volume - not easy to come by these days when it comes to FA RBs.

PS - damn, these forums are dead

A 3/4 way RBBC on a mediocre offense with a dreadful offensive line isn't something I want to be invested in. 

• Like 2

The point isn't to play him now - no way.  But Rawls will get hurt again and Lacy is fat, old and bad.  I assume that this will, at some point, no longer be a RBBC.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Balzac said:

The point isn't to play him now - no way.  But Rawls will get hurt again and Lacy is fat, old and bad.  I assume that this will, at some point, no longer be a RBBC.

Possibly but Prosise is still going to be used on 3rd down and the rest still stands about offensive talent. 

59 minutes ago, Balzac said:

To me it really boils down to is the guy I'm adding better than who I'm letting go, and better enough to spend (we pay $2 per player added) to acquire them. More and more they aren't but if I have a good feeling about somebody, I usually don't worry much about if others agree or not.

BTW  Carson was drafted in our (very deep) league as well.

1 hour ago, Balzac said:

Lacy is 27.  I'd hardly say that's "old", even for a RB.

However, being fat lazy and bad is enough reason for me to avoid him.

For the "average" NFL RB, I'd say 27 is old - most RBs are out of the league by then.  Either way, I was speaking comparatively - Rawls, Carson and Prosise are all younger than Lacy.  Fat and lazy are def the more important factors, though.

The only players worth owning that were mentioned are Kupp, (who should've been drafted), Kamara (I drafted him in both leagues because passed my eye test at UTenn and has the Sproles role) & Cohen.

If you are starting any others, you have an uphill battle.

Edited by Ramhock

16 hours ago, Ramhock said:

The only players worth owning that were mentioned are Kupp, (who should've been drafted), Kamara (I drafted him in both leagues because passed my eye test at UTenn and has the Sproles role) & Cohen.

If you are starting any others, you have an uphill battle.

Even teams with a short roster have players "worth owning" who are not starting, and if you have a deep bench there's even more players you'll consider.

Carson isn't start worthy right now, but if u got room he's definitely a stash.  I'm no NFL scout but I watched some of this guys film and he looks like one bad mofo.  In my opinion, he's a name that will be relevant towards the 2nd round of next year's drafts. 

1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

Carson isn't start worthy right now, but if u got room he's definitely a stash.  I'm no NFL scout but I watched some of this guys film and he looks like one bad mofo.  In my opinion, he's a name that will be relevant towards the 2nd round of next year's drafts. 

No way.  That o-line is going to take more than one year to rebuild and play cohesively.  

Anybody impressed with D'Onta Foreman (HOU-RB) use in the game yesterday, seemed to be heavily involved, but their offense was pretty weak in general (and some good D by CIN). He had 12 carries (8 early in the game with good success) compared to 18 for Miller.

Got dropped in our league this week and I was thinking about adding him, guess I'll have another week to wait and see how other WW guys do (he's on waivers until after week 2).

6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Anybody impressed with D'Onta Foreman (HOU-RB) use in the game yesterday, seemed to be heavily involved, but their offense was pretty weak in general (and some good D by CIN). He had 12 carries (8 early in the game with good success) compared to 18 for Miller.

Got dropped in our league this week and I was thinking about adding him, guess I'll have another week to wait and see how other WW guys do (he's on waivers until after week 2).

Houston has a horrible offensive line.  Lamar Miller's struggles are probably not his fault.  I think the best Foreman can hope for is a one-third timeshare.  That isn't worth much on a bad offense with a bad offensive line.

Edited by michaelredd9

5 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Houston has a horrible offensive line.  Lamar Miller's struggles are probably not his fault.  I think the best Foreman can hope for is a one-third timeshare.  That isn't worth much on a bad offense with a bad offensive line.

Thanks, trying to see if there's somebody I can get to upgrade that last roster spot, right now RB Alfred Morris, only hope there is Zeke has to serve his suspension and he gets a significant share. Got a handful of guys I'm looking at who could emerge, but not of great value now. Looking at a rest of season type ranking somewhere (not huddle) shows Foreman about 20 spots above Morris and most others I'm considering.

44 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Thanks, trying to see if there's somebody I can get to upgrade that last roster spot, right now RB Alfred Morris, only hope there is Zeke has to serve his suspension and he gets a significant share. Got a handful of guys I'm looking at who could emerge, but not of great value now. Looking at a rest of season type ranking somewhere (not huddle) shows Foreman about 20 spots above Morris and most others I'm considering.

I think we're all in the same boat.  It is week 2.  Creating a solid bench is a season-long process.  And it has become more difficult these last few years because fantasy football owners who were dumb for years are becoming better owners.  They are drafting better and doing better at free agency.  It is both because these owners are becoming more knowledgeable and because fantasy sites are giving better advice.  It is frustrating.  It is also a challenge.

Edited by michaelredd9

I'm looking at picking up Paul Richardson and need help with my drop.  14 team standard league where I have a little shortage at RB (surprise, surprise).  Potential drops:

Marqise Lee

John Brown

De'Angelo Henderson

Am I crazy to dump Brown for Richardson?  He's out this week with a quad and with his sickle-cell history, I'm seeing huge red flags.  He's a bench guy for me, competing for my WR4 spot with Golladay and Lee.  This spot would most likely only come into play as bye week fill-ins and I'd like to keep Henderson as one of my 'lottery ticket' RBs.  Any help would be much appreciated.