[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Johnson out 2 to 3 months

DMD

Will have wrist surgery per Adam Schefter.

In 28 years of playing FF, I have never seen the #1 overall draft pick get injured that I can recall. Let alone after only one game. He has no valuable backup and the Cards look like they are on a downward spiral without him.

Just now, michaelredd9 said:

Terrell Davis and Jamaal Anderson were the consensus first two picks in 1999 and were both done for the season by week 4.

I'm guessing there is a reason why you remember that.

I'm having a hard time trying to convince myself to hang on to Johnson.  He's going to take up a valuable roster spot for most of the fantasy season.  If I felt the Cards were going to be successful and win some games without him, it would be a different story.  But honestly - this team may be lucky to win 4 games this year.  Last season was not a fluke.  They got a good defense, but don't have the offense to sustain drives to give the defense a breather.  The O-line is absolute garbage.  Palmer should have retired 2 years ago.  By the time Johnson comes back, they're not going to be playing for anything relevant other than just mucking their chances at a higher draft pick. 

Common Sense tells me to hang onto this guy as there couldn't be a better late season acquisition if I can limp my way to any sort of late season relevance, but my gut says cut bait and use the roster spot for someone like Cohen without cutting depth elsewhere. 

I really f'n hate this game.. 

19 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

I'm having a hard time trying to convince myself to hang on to Johnson.  He's going to take up a valuable roster spot for most of the fantasy season.  If I felt the Cards were going to be successful and win some games without him, it would be a different story.  But honestly - this team may be lucky to win 4 games this year.  Last season was not a fluke.  They got a good defense, but don't have the offense to sustain drives to give the defense a breather.  The O-line is absolute garbage.  Palmer should have retired 2 years ago.  By the time Johnson comes back, they're not going to be playing for anything relevant other than just mucking their chances at a higher draft pick. 

Common Sense tells me to hang onto this guy as there couldn't be a better late season acquisition if I can limp my way to any sort of late season relevance, but my gut says cut bait and use the roster spot for someone like Cohen without cutting depth elsewhere. 

I really f'n hate this game.. 

The risk exists that you'll hold on to him all year and that he won't play.  That's a small risk to chance to have the potentially best running back in the league for up to half a season.  I think he is worth hanging on to even if he were to miss 12 weeks.  If you really hate him, it shouldn't be hard to trade him to someone with depth.  Some owners, like the Kareem Hunt owner, are riding high and are thinking they have great depth.  I've offered Brandon Marshall or either of my tight ends, Martellus Bennett and Delanie Walker, for him.  I'll probably raise my offer to Marshall and one of my tight ends if the owner refuses.

Edited by michaelredd9

1 hour ago, DMD said:

Will have wrist surgery per Adam Schefter.

In 28 years of playing FF, I have never seen the #1 overall draft pick get injured that I can recall. Let alone after only one game. He has no valuable backup and the Cards look like they are on a downward spiral without him.

I get that nobody will have his production replacing him but none of the undrafted ARI RB are worth anything?  I find it hard to believe that Kerwynn Williams is not on the Huddles Free Agent Forecast this week (I'm not a paying member this year, decided to see how bad I could do on my own).

14 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I get that nobody will have his production replacing him but none of the undrafted ARI RB are worth anything?  I find it hard to believe that Kerwynn Williams is not on the Huddles Free Agent Forecast this week (I'm not a paying member this year, decided to see how bad I could do on my own).

I'm bidding somewhere between 13% and 27% of my FAAB on Kerwynn cover the earth Williams.  Running backs in committees that get 12-15 touches have value.  And we really don't know how the touches will be split until it happens.  But Kerwynn is number two on the depth chart and that is good enough for me to roster and see what happens.

Edited by michaelredd9

3 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm bidding somewhere between 13% and 27% of my FAAB on Kerwynn cover the earth Williams.  Running backs in committees that get 12-15 touches have value.  And we really don't know how the touches will be split until it happens.  But Kerwynn is number two on the depth chart and that is good enough for me to roster and see what happens.

Thanks that is what I thought, I'll put in a waiver claim but won't get him (too far down the order, I know bidding is better more fair). I know people in other leagues, esp DJ owners, who are targetting Kerwynn.

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

Thanks that is what I thought, I'll put in a waiver claim but won't get him (too far down the order, I know bidding is better more fair). I know people in other leagues, esp DJ owners, who are targetting Kerwynn.

There are a lot of players worth bidding on this week so you'll get one or two.  And I prefer last to first waivers.  It is maybe less fair but it makes things simple.  I find bidding to be a bit stressful.  It's very difficult to decide how much to bid.  I wish bidding was like eBay where you pay one dollar more than the second highest bid regardless of how much you bid.

Cards resigned Chris Johnson today too.  This backfield just became a full time RBBC.  While Williams is the 'replacement' for David Johnson, he won't come close to replacing David Johnson.  My take on it is - if you get Williams, don't expect him to consistently put up double digit #'s.  He's not a pass catcher and most of all, that O-line is straight garbage.