Sign in to follow this  
therealdc3

Who to start at QB

WerkerM    9

Flacco wasn't truly tested last week, but what we did see was fairly embarrassing. Almost half of his yardage, and his only TD came when the Bengals brought the house and Campanaro rubbed off Maclin's cover guy. I'm not saying it wasn't a great play, but it wasn't standard Flacco stuff. The Browns defense is very underrated, because they're still young, but they stopped everything but Antonio last week. Obviously that's a big part of the game, but there's no one on the Ravens with CLOSE to Antonio or Ben's talent level. He's going to be terrible this week.

Sure Dak has a less than ideal matchup against Denver, but let's be clear about something, the Giants have one of the best pass defenses in the league too. He still threw for nearly 300 yards and a TD, and that was in a blowout. In a much more competitive game, he's likely going to do better. Dallas' offensive line will give him time, and he's mobile enough to extend plays when they don't. Take the better QB here. Start Dak.

• Like 1

therealdc3    5
1 hour ago, WerkerM said:

Flacco wasn't truly tested last week, but what we did see was fairly embarrassing. Almost half of his yardage, and his only TD came when the Bengals brought the house and Campanaro rubbed off Maclin's cover guy. I'm not saying it wasn't a great play, but it wasn't standard Flacco stuff. The Browns defense is very underrated, because they're still young, but they stopped everything but Antonio last week. Obviously that's a big part of the game, but there's no one on the Ravens with CLOSE to Antonio or Ben's talent level. He's going to be terrible this week.

Sure Dak has a less than ideal matchup against Denver, but let's be clear about something, the Giants have one of the best pass defenses in the league too. He still threw for nearly 300 yards and a TD, and that was in a blowout. In a much more competitive game, he's likely going to do better. Dallas' offensive line will give him time, and he's mobile enough to extend plays when they don't. Take the better QB here. Start Dak.

I like the insight. But you don't think Flacco has a bounce back game so to speak?

Cincy essentially has a better defense than the Browns, no?

Edited by therealdc3

WerkerM    9
11 hours ago, therealdc3 said:

I like the insight. But you don't think Flacco has a bounce back game so to speak?

Cincy essentially has a better defense than the Browns, no?

I think there's absolutely no reason to think Flacco "bounces back" right now. So let's first start off by agreeing that Flacco is not an elite fantasy QB by any stretch. Last year he posted just 5 games of 20+ points. Dak had 13, as a reference. There's also no doubt that Denver is a better defense than the Browns. I do think the Browns are more than respectable though. Denver just gave up more points to Rivers than the Browns did to Ben, and I'd say they're on roughly equal footing in terms of fantasy production. 

To be clear, I don't think either of these guys are top-12 options this week, but to me, I'm going with the better consistent producer, with the better offensive line when there isn't a monstrous difference in matchup. I don't think there is. 

robotpimp    243

DEN vs DAL is going to be a slow azz pace (at least I think it will).  DAL will try to get short yardage 3rd downs, DEN will try to stay competent on offense. LAC should've tied that game up last week they wore down.. I sort of like Dak, if he runs a few times he might even push ahead of Flacco here.  I know BAL didn't really need to throw much but I'm not convinced Flacco was 100% coming into the game.  He did torch CLE last year for (3) TD's.  Flacco probably has a better shot at 2 TD's modest yards, Dak more passing yards with rushing yards.

Flacco might not need to pass a lot to stay ahead again, I think the defense and clock management/running will keep them at arms length in another victory.