[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Standard Scoring RBs

cubdaddy

I've always been involved in PPR leagues but joined a standard league this year and it's so much different. I drafted McCoy and Murray as starters with Blount and Martin (suspended) to round out RBs (league limits to 4). Thinking it's better to have the 1&2 and goal line back over your 3rd down back, but where do you draw the line.  I'd love to have a guy like Riddick or Cohen on my roster in a PPR league, but what is their true value in a standard league. Any thoughts on best ways to look at RBs when considering WW upgrades.

You get points for yardage, or just TDs?

Difference with RBs without PPR is they need more touches to be relavent, and those pass catching backs that build lots of points with short dump offs aren't worth as much. They need yards (presuming you get some points for that.) Sure a goal line back is nice, but they're also very inconsistent in most cases. If that is all they do you have what maybe a TD every 2-3 weeks, and almost nothing the other games.

Guys like Riddick and Tevin Coleman are still good value, they always get some touches, and could get more if the starter is struggling or injured.

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

You get points for yardage, or just TDs?

Difference with RBs without PPR is they need more touches to be relavent, and those pass catching backs that build lots of points with short dump offs aren't worth as much. They need yards (presuming you get some points for that.) Sure a goal line back is nice, but they're also very inconsistent in most cases. If that is all they do you have what maybe a TD every 2-3 weeks, and almost nothing the other games.

Guys like Riddick and Tevin Coleman are still good value, they always get some touches, and could get more if the starter is struggling or injured.

1 for every 10