[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thursday Night Football

Shorttynaz

For the most part, I thought the game was well-played, at least on the defensive side of the ball.  It wasn't sloppy, and wasn't all that boring.  Both D's played pretty well.  Watt was a beast, but Geno Atkins was just as impressive.  A lot of young talent on both defenses.  

Dalton does NOT look very good.  As in, it wouldn't surprise me if he's benched sooner than later if this continues.  That said, I think Lewis gets most of the blame for Cincy's anemic offense.  They needed a spark tonight, from somebody like John Ross.  Oh, that's right.... Lewis benched him after his first touch of the game (which was a lost fumble).  Doesn't make any sense to me.  Fastest guy on the field (and he did look good on that play, before fumbling), and you "send a message" by benching him when your offense probably needs to give him more touches, not less.  Inexplicable, really.  

As for Houston, tonight was Watson's coming out party.  Made some nice throws, and the 50-ish yard TD run basically won the game.  They should be right in the mix in the AFC South with that defense.  

No offense, lots of defense. Overly conservative play calling by Houston tells me O'Brien is going to rely on the defense and hope Watson doesn't make a lot of mistakes. They had something like first and goal from the 6, two ugly running plays then a weak attempt on 3rd down, scoreless game that was expected to have few points, so they played to not mess up the FG try.

They might be in the AFC South mix, only because most of the other teams are not that good.

The Bengals were just horrible on offense. I think both teams are suffering from very bad OL play, which means no running game an no time to throw the ball.

My favorite play was the fumble recovery by Clowney that he almost ran back, before Dalton tackled him.

3 hours ago, Dolphin_Akie said:

Missed the game but with the Bengals only scoring 9pts I assumed my Texans DST in one league would have more points. 

A lot of the 'passes' Dalton threw this game just landed on the sidelines and in the stands...instead of in his player's hands, the opposing team's hands, or in a stat line.

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

15 hours ago, MikesVikes said:

And I'm hearing that both of these two teams plus the Chargers are having problems selling tickets.

while there is reason for optimism, we are still pissed at the front office for how they have dealt with many things since they got rid of mariucci.  it doesn't help that they built a stadium 45 miles away from the city, making it more challenging for core fans to attend.

20 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

while there is reason for optimism, we are still pissed at the front office for how they have dealt with many things since they got rid of mariucci.  it doesn't help that they built a stadium 45 miles away from the city, making it more challenging for core fans to find a decent Chardonnay that goes well with that area.

fixed... :smash: