[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thursday Night Football

Shorttynaz

6 hours ago, loaf said:

I don't feel bad for those who waited on a QB and are stuck with Dalton

And I don't feel bad for those who drafted Rodgers/Brady/Brees in the first four rounds and put themselves at a disadvantage. ;)

Just a dreadful game. Cincy offense nosedived with Zampese at the helm - 7th to 24th last year per an ESPN article.

Houston defense on the road is not that imposing and Cincy has tons of talent at the RB/TE/WR position.

I turned the game off at halftime in disgust. No reason to put with a crap product.

The Cincy offense shot itself in the foot time and time again last night.  Eifert stepped out of bounds on a touchdown, Dalton missed at least 2 wide open receivers on what would have resulted in touchdowns, and a couple more wide open receivers for big gains.  

The Houston coaching staff clearly has no confidence in their offense.  It was basically run the ball or attempt a pass to Hopkins.  

Just an awful game to watch

4 hours ago, stethant said:

Houston defense on the road is not that imposing

Houston has the best front seven in football.  Not sure what difference on the road means.

Cincy offense nosedived with Zampese at the helm 

I doubt Zampese is at fault at all.

Cincy has tons of talent at the RB/TE/WR position.

Without a good offensive line, offensive skill position players cannot do much.  Since AJ Green is usually triple-teamed, he definitely needs time to get open.

7 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Houston has the best front seven in football.  Not sure what difference on the road means.

Without a good offensive line, offensive skill position players cannot do much.  Since AJ Green is usually triple-teamed, he definitely needs time to get open.

Statistically on the road last year, the Texans defense was not the best anything for FFL pts scored at the QB, WR, or TE position. Cushing didn't play last night either.

The players mutinying against the OC suggests he was not well received. Why that is, who knows, but at this point a change can't hurt - it can't get worse.

Totally agree with your last point. Not paying attention to your O-line is a great way to waste your offensive talent (see Seattle)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm a big Ernie Zampese fan, for obvious reasons, so I hate to see what happened to Ken.  But truth be told, he's been there for 15 years and it's time for a change.  A change to someone who will run Mixon like his life and livelyhood depends on it.  Just sayin'. ;)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, stethant said:

Statistically on the road last year, the Texans defense was not the best anything for FFL pts scored at the QB, WR, or TE position. Cushing didn't play last night either.

The players mutinying against the OC suggests he was not well received. Why that is, who knows, but at this point a change can't hurt - it can't get worse.

Totally agree with your last point. Not paying attention to your O-line is a great way to waste your offensive talent (see Seattle)

Houston was better at home but they were still solid on the road.  They only gave up 30 points once on the road (31 points to Minnesota which included a return touchdown).  And they were without JJ Watt after the third game of the year.  But it's true a change can't hurt Cinci.  The change should start with Mike Brown.  But a gm/owner would rather scapegoat the OC than fire himself.  As a Joe Mixon owner, I welcome any change that might help make him the focus of the offense.

On 9/15/2017 at 2:48 PM, Bier Meister said:

aj

boyd

lefell

ross

hill

giovanni

mixon

eiffert

dalton

they have better than average talent on the offensive side of the ball

Well nearly half of the offense (5 of 11) are the OL which is well below average.  And the red rifle appears to be regressing.