[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can you trust Beckham?

DanTheMan_5

I have made early the decision to sit Beckham this week.  I understand he may very well play, but let's honest, even if he does there is little to no chance he has anything more than a pedestrian game.   Why take the risk on a Monday night?

Who are you guys starting over Beckham this week, or are you gonna roll the dice?  I'm throwing (gulp) Crowder out there. 

Edited by DanTheMan_5

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he been in this position before, and ended up having a pretty good game?  Like at least a TD, if not more than one?  I can't remember if it was last year, or the year before, but I think it was another SNF or MNF game.  I think he'll play, and if he does, there's no way he's just a decoy.  I don't think the Giants send him out there unless he's healthy enough to be at least 80-90% effective.  

That said, it depends on what my other options are.  In one league, I'm basically going to have to start him.  My other options are longshots to do anything, so I'll take my chances.  In another league, I probably have decent options if I sit him, but I'll probably wait until the last minute to decide.  Of course, it always helps if you have another MNF option (that you wouldn't otherwise start).... Somebody you can plug in for him at the last minute if he's a no-go.  Unfortunately, I don't have that in any of the leagues where I own him.

Lastly, I don't typically spend a lot of time looking at my opponent's lineup, but it may come down to that.  If their lineup looks stronger than mine, I might roll the dice.  If it looks like I can probably beat them, I might take the conservative route, and go with another option (even if that option will likely only get me a few points).  

if he plays i think he will have a good game.  it is only week 2 you don't risk the most important guy in your offense if he is not ready.  As for trusting Eli (personally not an Eli fan), i think the bigger problem is trusting that Oline.  I don't care if Eli throws 6 Ints as long as he completes 7-10 passes to OBJ he will do the rest.

I am sitting him this week.  I have to some options, atm i am starting coleman and cupp, I have agholor and abdullah (flex play) i could use too.  still debating  on coleman vs agholor or abdullah.  (agholor i am liking and have been liking in a PPR league like Kupp a lot of catches).

As a Gman fan i hope OBJ comes back and the O-line learns how to block.  or Mcadoo has some really effiective 2 sec plays up his sleeve.  lol.

I am hoping another week off to heal more and he comes back next week.  heres to hoping.