[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Chargers are cursed...

Shaft

On 11/12/2017 at 4:53 PM, DMD said:

Joey Bosa roughing passer was a tacky call but he should know better

That was incredibly stupid.

I'm no Rivers fan but I feel bad for the guy.  An excellent QB and crapass teams year after year...just once I wouldn't mind him making the playoffs with a respectable team.

12 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i'm a fan of Rivers, eventho I'm a broncos fan. Since I'm not a fan of SD, my memory ain't clear. Was it Coach Whisenhunt, who was notoriously conservative, called a crappy play at the end of a playoff game when the smart thing to do would've been to be conservative and give the ball to LT, they then lost that game.

yeah, SD is somehow cursed.

That was probably Marty Schottenheimer and his Martyball (conservative ball control offense with stout defense) style. Wiz was never coach of Broncos (AZ and TEN).

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Make Broncos Great Again!

also, it's interesting how so many like Rivers despite not being SD fans. How many other players get that sentiment? I had really hoped Joe Thomas OL CLE was going to get traded to a better team. He seems like a great guy and deserved a chance to finish his career with a winning team. Thomas is supposedly a really good guy and how many great players can say they played every single eligible snap for 10+ seasons?

I would like for Joe to have had a chance at a playoff run, of course I would prefer that be with the Browns :bag:   Not sure he's every really been that interested in a trade, some locals say that's a sign he's not a real competitor, rather be big fish in a small pond, than go to a contendor and be expected to peform at an elite level. There is lots of talk now that he may just retire. Never injured, never missed a snap even, now he misses a half a season and all the concussion and CTE talk keeps increasing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

That was probably Marty Schottenheimer and his Martyball (conservative ball control offense with stout defense) style. Wiz was never coach of Broncos (AZ and TEN).

I would like for Joe to have had a chance at a playoff run, of course I would prefer that be with the Browns :bag:   Not sure he's every really been that interested in a trade, some locals say that's a sign he's not a real competitor, rather be big fish in a small pond, than go to a contendor and be expected to peform at an elite level. There is lots of talk now that he may just retire. Never injured, never missed a snap even, now he misses a half a season and all the concussion and CTE talk keeps increasing.

Is he an elite Lineman league wide or just on browns? So a cool interview pregame vs steelers where the host ( i believe cowher) asked Joe if he could name all 18 qbs hes blocked for. I believe he got 17 .. anyway for him to play along with that and really see the comedy in that along with his lack of desire to move tells me he's likely accepted the fact that he's never gonna compete and that he's got too much time invested in the community with his family and  charities to leave now 

3 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Nothing would make me happier than to see Rivers leave the Chargers and stick Spanos with a cellar dweller for years. Arizona would be a great fit but C.Palmer isn't done yet. 

Sure seems like it