[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Thomas worth keeping?

1fastdoc

I didn't learn my lesson over the last couple years with NO WR's and drafted Michael Thomas when he was the best available player.  And again I regret it.

We have a guy who love's Atlanta (he drafted their kicker in the THIRD round, lol).  He also has Bryant and Fitzgerald.  

I just grabbed Sanu and I'm thinking about offering him Thomas and Sanu for Bryant or Fitzgerald.  

Is there any reason to keep Thomas?  Or do y'all think he's going to be like Cooks last year, boom or bust as Brees spreads the love?

1 hour ago, CowboysDiehard said:

His trade value is at an all time low for the season, I'd say.  No choice but to keep plugging him into your lineup.  There will be better days.

Even if I could get Dez for him? 

He's still getting the most targets and if you add even one TD in there over the last two weeks you're not doubting this Thomas at all. Snead is coming back which makes it a bit harder to double team him. As long as Brees is still targeting him often he'll get his points. Same can be said for Hopkins. Targets = opportunity. His talent will win out as long as he's being thrown to.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Dez is a lateral move at best to me.  Dallas' schedule is ridiculously tough this year, I see all their offensive players taking a step back in 2017 compared to last year.  Especially with Free and Leary gone from the OL.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

3 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

You talked about trading Thomas and Sanu to try and get Dez, so who's your replacment for Sanu?, probably some still off waivers?

Sounds like an early season overreaction to a player not meeting expectations.

Thomas opened up with a game in MIN which is maybe the worst venue in the NFL. Then he had to play against NE team that was pissed after losing their opener in front of the world. I have no different opinion of Thomas than I did three weeks ago. He is vastly talented playing with arguably the best QB.

6 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I love when an owner panics after the first few weeks of the season and sells low.  Michael Thomas will be fine.  He hasn't even been bad.  He is probably one of the safer options in fantasy football.  Dez Bryant is a huge injury risk.

lol.  I love the responses here.  I got burned by Cooks and Watson last year and Snead the year prior.  I hate the inconsistency of NO players.  Thomas was ranked so high and because I had a mid draft spot, he had the best projections by a mile.  I like consistent players.  Thomas isn't going to be one of them.

As as an epilogue, I did make a trade.  I picked up Sanu as a FA and bundled him with Shane Vereen.  I'm not sure the other guy even knows how the waiver wire works but he's a huge fan of all the Atlanta players.  I was prepared to change Vereen to Chris Carson since he needed RB help but he jumped on the initial trade.

Gave up Sanu, who I didn't even own until 3 am and Vereen to get Dez.  And I still have Thomas.  Now I have to figure out how to get Evans but his owner is far more savvy. 

Edited by 1fastdoc

13 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

lol.  I love the responses here.  I got burned by Cooks and Watson last year and Snead the year prior.  I hate the inconsistency of NO players.  Thomas was ranked so high and because I had a mid draft spot, he had the best projections by a mile.  I like consistent players.  Thomas isn't going to be one of them.

As as an epilogue, I did make a trade.  I picked up Sanu as a FA and bundled him with Shane Vereen.  I'm not sure the other guy even knows how the waiver wire works but he's a huge fan of all the Atlanta players.  I was prepared to change Vereen to Chris Carson since he needed RB help but he jumped on the initial trade.

Gave up Sanu, who I didn't even own until 3 am and Vereen to get Dez.  And I still have Thomas.  Now I have to figure out how to get Evans but his owner is far more savvy. 

Fascinating.

1 hour ago, 1fastdoc said:

1 hour ago, Jackass said:

Fascinating.

I know, right?  I'll keep you updated with a play by play for the entire season.

Edited by 1fastdoc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

I know, right?  I'll keep you updated with a play by play for the entire season.

I'd be Irate as another owner of this league to see that kind of trade, its great for you but that is a terrible trade and either buddy has no clue what hes doing or he just doesn't care and just wants as many of his homers on his team, I'd be quitting that league next year either way, want nothing to do with a league that has dudes like this, unless it's free and between family. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Now I have to figure out how to get Evans but his owner is far more savvy. 

Give me J.J. Nelson(I'll need to replace Evans at WR), Chris Carson (I'm a Seahawks homer) and a fidget spinner and Evans is yours. But is has to be one of the fidget spinners with Seahawks colors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

I'd be Irate as another owner of this league to see that kind of trade, its great for you but that is a terrible trade and either buddy has no clue what hes doing or he just doesn't care and just wants as many of his homers on his team, I'd be quitting that league next year either way, want nothing to do with a league that has dudes like this, unless it's free and between family. 

He wants all Atlanta players.  It's a money league and most of us also play poker together.  His poker skills are about as good as his FF skills.  Yet he has walked away ahead nearly every time he's played.  I think he's amassed so much good karma that bad things just don't happen to him.  It's also a dynasty league and Dez isn't going to be around much longer.  I picked up Dez to try to package him for Evans since I've been convinced to keep Michael Thomas.

You raise a good point though.  I'll have to sit down with him and show him how to build a decent team.  

11 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

I like consistent players.  Thomas isn't going to be one of them.

Thomas is very consistent.  He is a big-bodied possession receiver.  He didn't have a game with less than 4 catches last year.  Both of his games this year have been for 5 catches.  By comparison, Dez Bryant had 3 games last year with just 1 catch and 1 game with 0 catches.  Bryant also had a playoff game with 2 catches.

Edited by michaelredd9

15 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Why draft NO players if you hate their inconsistency.

Good for you that you could fleece some fool out of a very good WR for some average at best players, one that you just got as a FA. (If this guy likes Falcons, why didn't he sign Sanu as a FA and drop Dez.

To answer your question. I think Michael Thomas is worth hanging on to. He fell to me 21st overall and I have no regrets just bc he didn't absolutely dominate the first 2 games. 

Also, just so you're tracking, posting or bragging about the success of ridiculous/outlandish trades you are able to complete in your league bc of the ignorance of the other owners won't get you far or be welcomed with praise on this site. 

Lol... just trying to help you out. 

8 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

He wants all Atlanta players.  It's a money league and most of us also play poker together.  His poker skills are about as good as his FF skills.  Yet he has walked away ahead nearly every time he's played.  I think he's amassed so much good karma that bad things just don't happen to him.  It's also a dynasty league and Dez isn't going to be around much longer.  I picked up Dez to try to package him for Evans since I've been convinced to keep Michael Thomas.

You raise a good point though.  I'll have to sit down with him and show him how to build a decent team.  

Wait so you got Dez in the trade right?  And your buddy just has good karma.  So does that mean if we own Dez we are all screwed now?  That's pretty selfish of you to make that trade if that's the case.

8 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Why draft NO players if you hate their inconsistency.

Because of my position in the draft I lost out on top tier RB's.  He was the best option on paper by far at the time.  And I am not familiar with him so I trusted that the experts knew something I didn't.

8 hours ago, oG1KeNoBi said:

To answer your question. I think Michael Thomas is worth hanging on to. He fell to me 21st overall and I have no regrets just bc he didn't absolutely dominate the first 2 games. 

Also, just so you're tracking, posting or bragging about the success of ridiculous/outlandish trades you are able to complete in your league bc of the ignorance of the other owners won't get you far or be welcomed with praise on this site. 

Lol... just trying to help you out. 

I see that now.  Point taken.  FWIW, I did feel a little bad about it.  I didn't think he'd accept the initial low ball offer without a stout RB, which I was prepared to give.