[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derrick Henry

Gourdeau

Who's starting him if Murray sits out, does the matchup at home vs Seattle stop you from plugging him in? So far he's just seemed much more effective than Murray and I'm thinking that hammy issue from pre season for Murray has never really gone away, he just hasn't looked good. 

Starting if Murray sits? Hell yes.  Sitting because its Seattle? Hell no. 

They just made Hyde/Breida look like LT/Turner out there.  Their defense looks spent this year and hasn't  been able to stop the run thus far.  Henry is going to beast out there behind the Titans line.

1 minute ago, Gourdeau said:

So the lack luster running game thus far in your opinion ( except for Henry last week) has all been Murray's issue ? I have not watched enough to make my own conclusions on the line play

It's been two games. First against oak they  strayed from running the ball. Lesson learned. Ran like crazy against jax and once the hobbled Murray was replaced Henry ran very well. I wouldn't be too concerned about starting him "if" Murray is out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

So the lack luster running game thus far in your opinion ( except for Henry last week) has all been Murray's issue ? I have not watched enough to make my own conclusions on the line play

Yeah, I think his hamstring 'issue' has been nagging him since preseason.  He's no spring chicken anymore at 29.  I think the eventual changing of the guard between these two that was going to happen, is happening a lot earlier now.  Glad I reached a couple of picks down in the 10th to grab him, I didn't want to be a year late on this.  If Henry takes over for the rest of the season you have your league winning ticket.

And he straight up trucked Ramsey at LEAST two times that I saw during last weeks game, one time making a great tackle at the goal line but still wasn't able to keep him out of the endzone.  I'd love to see him run over Sherman a couple times for several reasons

I wish I would have drafted Henry.  He generally went in round 6 in my drafts which is a high price to pay for a player who is potentially just a part time player.  But sometimes you just gotta go for the players with talent and let things work themselves out.

Henry to get 'significant workload' Sunday

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/363770/henry-to-get-significant-workload-sunday?ls=roto:TEN:topheadlines

According to ESPN Titans reporter Cameron Wolfe, Derrick Henry is expected to get a "significant workload" regardless of whether or not DeMarco Murray (questionable, hamstring) plays against the Seahawks in Week 3.

Per Wolfe, Murray "appears more likely to be out than to have a full workload" on Sunday, even after getting in a limited practice session on Friday. Wolfe said he'd be comfortable firing up Henry as a fantasy RB2 regardless of Murray's status and said he'd even consider bumping him into the RB1 tier if Murray is inactive. Henry out-touched Murray 14-10 in last week's victory over the Jaguars while compiling a career-high 92 rushing yards. It's not an ideal matchup for Henry but his workload should be strong enough to warrant starting consideration in all formats.
Source: ESPN.com
Sep 22 - 3:13 PM

Edited by michaelredd9

Murray Practiced today, that throws a wrench into things for me.. who you starting him over just out of curiosity. I can start him over Alshon at Flex or Buck Allen at RB2 .. I'm trying to find some stats on the London games cause my gut tells me the scores and overall performances have been lack luster in those games.  

I own Henry and Murray in one league and will start Henry there.  In the other league where I do not own Murray, I'm pretty sure I'll start him and JStew over the likes of Carson, Duke Johnson, and Tevin Coleman.

I'm winless in all my leagues so far.  Caveat emptor.

1 hour ago, Finn5033 said:

So apparently  Murray came out of last weeks game without aggravating his hamstring. Which is a great sign considering his 75yd TD run. I know this thread is technically about Henry but how are you guys feeling about Murray if he is healthy now. Good buy low candidate?

Buy low on a guy who just had a 100 yard game with a TD?  Not sure you will be able To buy too low. 

24 minutes ago, stethant said:

I saw it as a sell-high Murray moment - traded him and got Brandin Cooks in a standard league where I needed WR help more than RB help. If not for that 1 long run he looked like he had in their other 2 games.

Time will tell.

Agree with this.  I know it sounds contradictory to a 75 yard run, but he looked slow as hell on that IMO.  The offensive lineman came hauling ass up and past him, haha.