[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Hogan

LeonardPart6

So...I drafted Hogan as a sleeper pick but its been hard to start him with Julio Jones, Michael Thomas and Davante Adams as my W1-W3.  After this week I feel I have to make room for him on my roster as I'm tired of seeing 15+ points on my bench while my "studs" underperform. 

Anyone else not knowing what to do with Hogan each week?

I dropped him in my ppr league before the most recent game.  I don't know about him either his stats are better in a regular scoring league as he makes a lot of big plays, but limited number of touches.   I think he led the league in yards per catch last year.  I will try to pick him back up, but most likely will not be able to.

IMO, Hogan is going to have a couple gems in the middle of more middling to minor performances.  Kinda sounds like a flex you play depending on oppenent or maybe a WR3 if one of your normal starters has a really bad matchup.  I'm kinda feeling the same way about Amendola, who has less weekly upside than Hogan.

5 minutes ago, pegos said:

:lol he's the #2 WR on a Tom Brady team lmao c'mon

He was the #2 WR last year playing 74% of snaps.  He only managed 38-640-4 despite that large role on a Tom Brady quarterbacked team.  Since he was the deep threat last year and the Patriots traded for Cooks, his role entering this season was unknown.  He was at best the #3 WR until August 25th.  At worst, he was a bench warmer.  Even after the Edelman injury his role was unknown since he wasn't likely to take over as slot receiver.

I was feeling sick benching Hogan for Parker this week, until a truckload of garbage time points was dropped on him.

Instead I'm just left feeling sick about benching Diggs and Watkins for Cohen in another league.

Edited by PPIchamp

17 hours ago, pegos said:

SO you're telling me that you think Hogan was a sleeper pick this year? OK lol

Well I mean he's probably NEVER been drafted until this year.  He wasn't high on many boards.  I think I got him in the 12th or so rounds so yeah any pick that late I draft based on potential and upside.  (aka sleeper)