[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AT&T authorizes Sunday Ticket Cancellations

dope man

ESPN reported on Facebook that AT&T has authorized cancellation and refunds of the Sunday Ticket due to the sensitivity of the issue at hand. I'm calling them tomorrow and wanted to pass this along to anyone thinking of doing the same. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20829346/directv-offering-refunds-fans-wishing-cancel-nfl-sunday-ticket-package?sf117014259=1

Edited by dope man
Adding link
  • Like 1

This is the critical problem with politicians, of all persuasions - they try to inject themselves into every aspect of daily life and turn everything into a political decision, or a political commentary. How far are we going to take this us v them insanity?

Enough is enough aholes - we're all trying to be socially responsible and respectful but at the end of the day all we want to do is WATCH FOOTBALL.

• Like 5

Most fans, most owners, and most players are getting put in to the middle of something they have no interest in being a part of.  If you love football and stop watching because of the protests, you are allowing yourself to be victimized.  You are letting them win.  Ain't no one taking football away from me.  I'll give you my remote when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 8

41 minutes ago, Jackass said:

If you don't want to watch people kneel for the national anthem just tune into the game after the kickoff. Problem solved.

Not just that...the freaking commentators talked about it all day, giving their "news media" views at the same time....just turned me off and their are tons of others that are as well....it just went too far this past weekend! I don't care what athlete's or commentator's political views are....I don't tune in for that!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

It will pass in time, weather the storm 

I respect everyone's thoughts about this, I really do...don't agree with certain reasons and the inability of those that don't understand why a large group of people are pissed about using the anthem or flag as a prop to try to hang their protest on....My father taught me at a young age to always show respect during the anthem and the reasons why I should ...For that reason and to show support for the military, law enforcement and many others, I hope their tv ratings dip 30-40% and their profit lines are killed....call it vindictive, call it what you would like....but there are consequences to every action good or bad and I'm just tapping out for at least this year! And I'm fine with those that don't mind....I just can't do it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

Most fans, most owners, and most players are getting put in to the middle of something they have no interest in being a part of.  If you love football and stop watching because of the protests, you are allowing yourself to be victimized.  You are letting them win.  Ain't no one taking football away from me.  I'll give you my remote when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Amen

I have never seen a President so hell bent on dividing people instead of leading them to value and respect one another's opinions. This 70 year old man child feasts on conflict which is exactly what this world needs less of. I sincerely hope people are paying attention and realize how one vote can put and entire country into purgatory. 

Hell I just want to watch football. The SOB twitter troll who started this should be fired for incompetence,dereliction of duty, and dumbasserdry. He'll go down as the worst President in U.S. history. That is if we survive the coming wars he's about to start with his stupidity and ignorance. Amazing how one man has found a way to piss off every segment of America accept Hillbilly Alabama.

Honestly, it's like he looks for opportunities to piss people off. Truly amazing for the supposed leader of the free world.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, Cowboyz1 said:

I have never seen a President so hell bent on dividing people instead of leading them to value and respect one another's opinions. This 70 year old man child feasts on conflict which is exactly what this world needs less of. I sincerely hope people are paying attention and realize how one vote can put and entire country into purgatory. 

Hell I just want to watch football. The SOB twitter troll who started this should be fired for incompetence,dereliction of duty, and dumbasserdry. He'll go down as the worst President in U.S. history. That is if we survive the coming wars he's about to start with his stupidity and ignorance. Amazing how one man has found a way to piss off every segment of America accept Hillbilly Alabama.

Honestly, it's like he looks for opportunities to piss people off. Truly amazing for the supposed leader of the free world.

+1,000,000

28 minutes ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Kaepernick (and others) was already kneeling before he was elected.  Divide was already present, the pres and the media just have a knack for exacerbating it.  Funny thing is both sides are currently valid.  The players have the ability to this form of protest while working because their contract has no rules against it and fans have the right to withdraw their support and money.  Yet here we are just continuing on about how this side or the other is wrong and throwing blame on one person or another for divisiveness.  Very much seems like the pot and the kettle at this point.   I'll get out of this threads way though... :out:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Trump has got what he wanted out of this though. Everyone's debating whether players kneeling is disrespectful to the anthem and the military etc, nobody is discussing why Kaep and others protested originally so nobody has to address the actual issue at hand which is what Trump wants.

Edited by Dolphin_Akie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dolphin_Akie said:

Trump has got what he wanted out of this though. Everyone's debating whether players kneeling is disrespectful to the anthem and the military etc, nobody is discussing why Kaep and others protested originally so nobody has to address the actual issue at hand which is what Trump wants.

Very true.

Maybe it’s been mentioned somewhere so sorry if this has been asked but with all the players and now owners showing some type of solidarity, why haven’t the owners/teams stepped up and signed Keap? Yes I know he is not that good but he is better than some backups out there. 

16 minutes ago, Busby said:

Maybe it’s been mentioned somewhere so sorry if this has been asked but with all the players and now owners showing some type of solidarity, why haven’t the owners/teams stepped up and signed Keap? Yes I know he is not that good but he is better than some backups out there. 

Good enough to put up with the media circus that will come with him? If he was going to be your starter, maybe, but for a backup QB I think not.

• Like 1

I don't understand all the hoopla around the Sunday Ticket.  If I had it, I'd imagine that watching it would end up being similar to watching the RedZone channel.  Except for the RedZone channel changes the channels for you to the best games and gets you up to date on what is happening.  If you really want to watch a specific game, stream it on the internet.  And for those who don't want to listen to the announcers talk about the protests, turn the volume off.  75% of the time I watch football with no sound.  I do miss out on a lot of background information and analysis but I get tired of listening to the talking heads.  I do usually listen on Sunday nights and Monday nights because I like Chris Collinsworth, Al Michaels and Jon Gruden.

11 hours ago, Def. said:

Kaepernick (and others) was already kneeling before he was elected.  Divide was already present, the pres and the media just have a knack for exacerbating it.  Funny thing is both sides are currently valid.  The players have the ability to this form of protest while working because their contract has no rules against it and fans have the right to withdraw their support and money.  Yet here we are just continuing on about how this side or the other is wrong and throwing blame on one person or another for divisiveness.  Very much seems like the pot and the kettle at this point.   I'll get out of this threads way though... :out:

+1

Trump is the easy goat for everything that bothers everyone nowadays.  The liberal media has been fanning these flames for years.  If this doesn't stop they will ban the National Anthem from all sporting events and make flying the American flag illegal, just to make sure no one is offended.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

It will pass in time, weather the storm

Exactly it was huge news this week because the Twit-in-chief Trump had to toss his BS on the pile. Then more players protested, owners and the NFL backed them up and told Trump to GUMMI BEAR. That made it a big story, in another week or two it will die down.

13 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

I have never seen a President so hell bent on dividing people instead of leading them to value and respect one another's opinions. This 70 year old man child feasts on conflict which is exactly what this world needs less of. I sincerely hope people are paying attention and realize how one vote can put and entire country into purgatory.

Hell I just want to watch football. The SOB twitter troll who started this should be fired for incompetence,dereliction of duty, and dumbasserdry. He'll go down as the worst President in U.S. history. That is if we survive the coming wars he's about to start with his stupidity and ignorance. Amazing how one man has found a way to piss off every segment of America accept Hillbilly Alabama.

Very well said.

PS  I read a story about this and it stated that AT&T was not willing to confirm this or give any numbers. Will be interesting to hear any first hand accounts of what happened when you called to cancel.