[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AT&T authorizes Sunday Ticket Cancellations

dope man

6 minutes ago, dope man said:

Yes....but I can't show up for work and force people to listen to me preach about Jesus Christ....that would be fireable if I was asked to stop and continued to push it on people....get where I'm coming from?

NFL bosses demanding that their players stand for the anthem and your example of a boss preaching about their religion to their employees are similar.  I think bosses should keep their opinions to themselves and let their employees be their own person.  Your employee works for you.  Talk to them about the job they are doing, not about their personal beliefs.

1 minute ago, michaelredd9 said:

NFL bosses demanding that their players stand for the anthem and your example of a boss preaching about their religion to their employees are similar.  I think bosses should keep their opinions to themselves and let their employees be their own person.  Your employee works for you.  Talk to them about the job they are doing, not about their personal beliefs.

My example was one employee preaching to antother....unwanted....not a boss

12 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

I thin the result will be not playing the anthem at all, really, what is the point? 

As a non-American i do wonder why its necessary. The only sporting events its done for in Europe are matches between different nations and even then I'm not sure what purpose it serves?

34 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Convo here is not about a discount, it concerns a political issue.  Those are done over on the tailgate, which is exactly why I rarely post over there.   I know I know, don't click this link if you don't want to read about it...but, like a turd, it'll keep floating to the top of the page for days and weeks to come.

Not anymore.  Politics have been banned from the tailgate.

10 minutes ago, Dolphin_Akie said:

As a non-American i do wonder why its necessary. The only sporting events its done for in Europe are matches between different nations and even then I'm not sure what purpose it serves?

Same, live in Canada, but frequent the USA many times a year, and have many american friends. I totally understand how patriotic the USA is, but I just don't get the need, it's a nice touch especially for some nobody singer who gets 5 mins of spot light, other than that, it's pointless to do before a game, for domestic games.. international play, after the game/match/event, for the winning team, yup blow your vocal chords out. 

The unfortunate part all of this is that sports is one of the few things that unite us as humans despite one's race, gender, class, religion, creed, sexuality, etc. It's really sad that it's being used as a tool to cause more division.

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shaft said:

The unfortunate part all of this is that sports is one of the few things that unite as humans despite one's race, gender, class, religion, creed, sexuality, etc. It's really sad that it's being used as a tool to cause more division.

I agree....I wish Kaep would have never started his thing and I wish Trump could have used less insulting words....but at the end of the day we are all the same and all this is BS!

15 minutes ago, NAUgrad said:

Not completely sure, but I believe the NBA requires that they stand during the national anthem.

3 minutes ago, Dolphin_Akie said:

Sbnation reported that it was.

The NBA went through this with one of their star players, he was more 2nd tier, Chris Jackson/ Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf. He was suspended without pay and worked out a compromise a few days later. He was doing it for similar reasons the athletes are doing it today.

18 minutes ago, hezagenius said:

Just have a commercial break for the anthem right before the game.  Doesn't solve the underlying reasons for kneeling, but no one at home gets butt hurt and networks don't show players kneeling.

...today's national anthem brought to you by DeWalt Stabilizer 2-Strap Knee Pads...

33 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

What if we got it for free.  Can we still cancel? 

:usa: Murrica  :usa:

I had it for 4 monthly payments of $25 with $35 off my monthly bill for 12 months....got to keep my $35 a month off each month, gave me credit for the $25 next 3 months....so they were really paying me to have it from the start!

23 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

I have never seen a President so hell bent on dividing people instead of leading them to value and respect one another's opinions. This 70 year old man child feasts on conflict which is exactly what this world needs less of. I sincerely hope people are paying attention and realize how one vote can put and entire country into purgatory. 

Hell I just want to watch football. The SOB twitter troll who started this should be fired for incompetence,dereliction of duty, and dumbasserdry. He'll go down as the worst President in U.S. history. That is if we survive the coming wars he's about to start with his stupidity and ignorance. Amazing how one man has found a way to piss off every segment of America accept Hillbilly Alabama.

Honestly, it's like he looks for opportunities to piss people off. Truly amazing for the supposed leader of the free world.

you must use have been living in a cave the past year or possibly just living on the west coast or New York