[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alex Collins

michaelredd9

12 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

The most carries Woodhead has ever had in season is 106.  That works out to 6.6 carries per game.  He isn't suddenly going to become a workhorse at the age of 32.  Even with his small load, he has had significant injuries in 3 of the last 4 years.  If he comes back in week 11, he will have played in 19 of his team's previous 54 games.  It's not realistic to think he'll have a huge role or that he'll stay healthy.  The Ravens running backs have averaged 31.28 carries per game this year.  If Woodhead matches his career high in carries and manages to stay healthy, it leaves 24 or 25 carries per game for Collins and Allen to split.  If Collins continues to play like he has been playing, he should get the lion's share of those carries.

Taking carries from Collins =/= workhorse.  But Collins won't be getting 20 carries a game when splitting those between himself, Woodhead, and Buck.  Woodhead will be taking the passing downs as well.  He won't be a workhorse, but I bet he'll receive the most touches.

12 minutes ago, kdko said:

Taking carries from Collins =/= workhorse.  But Collins won't be getting 20 carries a game when splitting those between himself, Woodhead, and Buck.  Woodhead will be taking the passing downs as well.  He won't be a workhorse, but I bet he'll receive the most touches.

The Ravens running backs are averaging 37 touches per game.  The highest number of touches Woodhead has ever averaged in a season is 11.

3 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

The Ravens running backs are averaging 37 touches per game.  The highest number of touches Woodhead has ever averaged in a season is 11.

• Splitting hairs, but it was 12 touches a game in 2013.  Remind me of who the focal point of this running game was going into the season, and who they gameplanned around all offseason?  You know...before Collins even was signed after getting cut for being a 5th string back in Seattle? :D

Woodhead is the more versatile, and faster RB as well..even at his age i'd say.  The difference in their 40 times was nearly a quarter of a second.  Also, Collins has the same amount of lost fumbles in 1 1/2 season, than Woodhead has in 8.  

Edited by kdko

1 hour ago, kdko said:

• Splitting hairs, but it was 12 touches a game in 2013.  Remind me of who the focal point of this running game was going into the season, and who they gameplanned around all offseason?  You know...before Collins even was signed after getting cut for being a 5th string back in Seattle? :D

Woodhead averaged 11.375 touches in 2013.  Woodhead was not the focal point of the running game going into the season.  In the first game of the season, West and Allen were getting the early down carries and Woodhead was coming in on passing downs.  Woodhead has never run the ball much in his career and there is no reason to think this year was going to be any different.  In his best case scenario, Woodhead will average 5 carries and 5 receptions when he comes back.  Receptions do make Woodhead is worth rostering in PPR.

Edited by michaelredd9

10 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Woodhead averaged 11.375 touches in 2013.  Woodhead was not the focal point of the running game going into the season.  In the first game of the season, West and Allen were getting the early down carries and Woodhead was coming in on passing downs.  Woodhead has never run the ball much in his career and there is no reason to think this year was going to be any different.  In his best case scenario, Woodhead will average 5 carries and 5 receptions when he comes back.  Receptions do make Woodhead is worth rostering in PPR.

I'm tripping, I thought of the the regular football season like fantasy and only divided by 15 :bash:.  Sorry for sounding like a condescending dick my last post too.  I just think Flacco runs the same dink and dunk offense that Rivers did in SD, and you can see how much usage he would have gotten with the amount of touches Buck has had.  Woodhead is miles better too.  I think 10 touches is on the conservative side.. he could put up record number of touches in Baltimore, and you'll see him being used at the goal line since he's a nightmare coming off the line.

Edited by kdko