Sign in to follow this  
Caveman_Nick

Week 4 Tailgate

I prepped my ribs last night.  I am going to cook them sous vide on Saturday and finish them on the grill to reheat / sear on Sunday.

they are dry spiced and vacuum sealed.  I started by grinding alder smoked salt onto the meat, followed that with a lightly applied pepper mix that is habanero based, and then put a traditional spice rub over that (brown sugar, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, paprika)

i have to figure out a sauce, still, but I will probably go with a whiskey based sauce and leave it on the side for dipping.

i also prepped muffaletta mix, which is sitting in my fridge co-mingling until I make the sandwiches Sunday AM.  All this stuff is sliced / chopped / minced as appropriate.

pimento stuffed olives

kalamata olives

artichoke hearts

capers

banana peppers

shallots

garlic

thyme

oregano

parsley

crushed red

olive oil

balsamic vinegar

a little juice from each can / jar

i will dice up some fresh mozzarella and add that at the last minute.

i typically do not measure.  I know there is too much thyme in the mix, but once I spread it over cappicola ham, genoa salami, mortadella and provolone cheese, that will disappear.  Probably going to make the sandwiches on thin baguettes and cut into roughly 2 inch squared.  Should be good!

All came out very good.  The sandwiches went fast, and migrated several tailgates away :D

the ribs came out nicely.  Not quite falling off the bone, but easy to eat and with just a little kick. :tup:

• Like 1