[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willie Snead

Swifter02

• 4 weeks later...

We start 3 WRs in my main...My receivers as of today = Crabtree, Hilton, Snead, Shepard, Diggs. Was very happy with the group beginning of year. Minus Crabtree this group is absolutely killing me. Hilton has basically become a WR4 / 5...Snead who I thought would be a legit 2 after suspension isn't playing, and I swapped out Shepard for Snead this week to get a big fat 0. With even average production from this group I would be in contention...and to think that Dak Prescott was my biggest concern regarding lineup weakness at start of season. Venting, sorry. 

1 hour ago, cubdaddy said:

I have Snead too and I’m anxiously awaiting him coming back to relevance...it seems Coleman is really not getting the targets...they seem to be going to Kamara and Ginn Jr...not sure what to do with Snead

This!

Maybe Snead was never that good.  Brees is good enough to make an average player look better than the reality.  Interestingly, the Saints have been using two tight ends on more than 30% of snaps.  Maybe it is to improve their run blocking which has been poor.  And when they haven't had two tight ends, they've often chosen to have 6'6" Brandon Coleman in the slot.  It seems like a conscious effort of choosing size over quickness.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Maybe Snead was never that good.  Brees is good enough to make an average player look better than the reality.  Interestingly, the Saints have been using two tight ends on more than 30% of snaps.  Maybe it is to improve their run blocking which has been poor.  And when they haven't had two tight ends, they've often chosen to have 6'6" Brandon Coleman in the slot.  It seems like a conscious effort of choosing size over quickness.

Snead isn't a star, but he is very good. He's smart, reliable, Brees trusts him and he's an excellent route runner. I think it's more the situation of his suspension and then the injury. Kamara isn't helping either with the amount of touches he's getting.

Just think about it this way.  I think most of us agree that Kamara has had the largest impact on Snead's value, and Coleman has taken the other share of those targets with redzone looks.  Is the team better with Snead, or Kamara on the field?  Personally, I think the team is a lot better with Kamara lining up on the field.

I like Snead but he really isn't more than a WR3 at best --- in a PPR league imo ....

hes a good bye week filler or injury cover getting 5-8 targets with minimal red zone looks

plus I think Brees may be throwing a bit less so far this year as the D has been playing a lot better than years past (cant believe I said that)

even when he's 100% I don't think he's an automatic start, especially not when he's less than 100%