[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie Mike Williams WR

J_DIESEL

That's crazy. I was just about to make a post about him.

We have an IR slot in my league so I've been stashing him. I already have Rivers and Allen. 2/3 weeks, Rivers has been just fine. I can only imagine that this helps Rivers. Another great body to target. Williams is 6'4 218 lbs and was the 7th overall pick in the draft so when he comes back and is actually healthy, they're going to incorporate him in their offense. Owning Allen, I am slightly concerned just bc its another mouth to feed. I think it hurts T. Williams and T. Benjamin a lot more.

Obv Williams is more important in a dynasty or keeper league. I'm in only redraft leagues ATM so I might hope for a couple big games and use him as trade bait for a stronger playoff run.

I'm hoping there are more Charger homers that can provide better info about his practice time.

If he is truly running great during practice, I will grab him now, but I have been burned jumping on players coming back from injury, he is not proven yet in the NFL.

Brings me back to all the DET WRs that got drafted and amounted to nothing (minus Megatron).

On 10/4/2017 at 0:42 PM, loaf said:

he's only owned in 7% of all Yahoo leagues

and 5.7% of ESPN leagues

Which is meaningful because.......

If you have roster space/strong WRs, he may be worth a stash for later in the year, but I wouldn't expect much.  He may have a big week or 2 along with a lot of much lesser weeks. Next year should be interesting though.

i drafted him in a dynasty league.

but how can you expect much of anything from him once back after missing all of camp in his rookie year?

i am hoping he shows some flashes and is worth holding onto for next year honestly. 

Now he's down to 6% owned in all Yahoo leagues.

Just tracking to see his fluctuation

why would folks drop him? I'm thinking if you have him, you have room on your roster for a long-term stash

3 hours ago, oG1KeNoBi said:

I have Rivers and Allen and that stack has been working fine for me minus week 3's debacle. I've had Williams in IR the whole season. Say Williams has a good game.... is it dumb to start all 3? 

If the match up is right against poor pass defense, I would risk it.

• Like 1

So this reminds me of the time a few years ago, when a rookie 1st round WR was injured to start the season then in week 4 started his first game, with an experienced QB, coming in as the #3 WR but 2nd in talent ...worked out well for me. OBJ helped win me a couple championships that year

Edited by jamesplante11