1fastdoc

Washington earned this loss

Recommended Posts

They have so many weapons but their offense is stupidly linear. Same plan as last failed play doesn't work? Throw it all the way down field or, I know, have your quarterback run the gauntlet. 

 

Reed, Thompson, Crowder, Docston. There is no reason the QB should be running. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't think their weapons are all that good... other than cousins... who they failed to sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

They have so many weapons but their offense is stupidly linear. Same plan as last failed play doesn't work? Throw it all the way down field or, I know, have your quarterback run the gauntlet. 

 

Reed, Thompson, Crowder, Docston. There is no reason the QB should be running. 

 

Totally agree.

 

And Crowder is one of the better slot receivers in the nfl and he is targeted just once?

 

I don't get it.

 

I'm starting to think Sean McVay is the person who made the Washington offense click not Gruden.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

 

Totally agree.

 

And Crowder is one of the better slot receivers in the nfl and he is targeted just once?

 

I don't get it.

 

I'm starting to think Sean McVay is the person who made the Washington offense click not Gruden.

 

 

 

yes...  had the same thoughts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow - you guys are a LOT more bitter over that loss than I am...honestly, I was very impressed they went in to Arrowhead (one of the toughest, if not THE toughest places for opposing teams to play) in primetime on MNF where in recent history they have traditionally SUCKED, and walked away with just a 3-point loss (that last play only mattered to Vegas and fantasy).

 

And, for the record it was the chemistry of Cousins, Reed, Garçon, and DJax that made the offense click last year (except in the Red Zone where they were 30th in the league in TD efficiency - and, I put that # squarely on the shoulders of offensive boy-genius, McVay).  This season you've got a new guy in the system, who until 2 years ago was a QB, a second-year guy who didn't see the field his rookie season, and a third-year slot guy whom they may have slightly lost faith in because he's already muffed a couple of key punts this early in the season (I know fielding punts is way different than catching a nice spiral pass, but who knows what goes on inside the psyche between a QB and WR?).  Oh yeah, and the TE who, when healthy, is a Top 2 talent in the league, BUT who can NEVER seem to stay healthy, including early this season...

 

Anyway, this team may not make the playoffs, but from what I've seen thus far, I do think they'll at least contend.  That home opener was a complete stinker, but I've been completely impressed the other 3 games by their young defensive talent, and commitment to a more balanced offensive attack.

 

With 1/4 of the season in the books, we'll just have to see...

Edited by the outlaw
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i don't think their weapons are all that good... other than cousins... who they failed to sign.

 

Totally agree.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the outlaw said:

Wow - you guys are a LOT more bitter over that loss than I am...honestly, I was very impressed they went in to Arrowhead (one of the toughest, if not THE toughest places for opposing teams to play) in primetime on MNF where in recent history they have traditionally SUCKED, and walked away with just a 3-point loss (that last play only mattered to Vegas and fantasy).

 

And, for the record it was the chemistry of Cousins, Reed, Garçon, and DJax that made the offense click last year (except in the Red Zone where they were 30th in the league in TD efficiency - and, I put that # squarely on the shoulders of offensive boy-genius, McVay).  This season you've got a new guy in the system, who until 2 years ago was a QB, a second-year guy who didn't see the field his rookie season, and a third-year slot guy whom they may have slightly lost faith in because he's already muffed a couple of key punts this early in the season (I know fielding punts is way different than catching a nice spiral pass, but who knows what goes on inside the psyche between a QB and WR?).  Oh yeah, and the TE who, when healthy, is a Top 2 talent in the league, BUT who can NEVER seem to stay healthy, including early this season...

 

Anyway, this team may not make the playoffs, but from what I've seen thus far, I do think they'll at least contend.  That home opener was a complete stinker, but I've been completely impressed the other 3 games by their young defensive talent, and commitment to a more balanced offensive attack.

 

With 1/4 of the season in the books, we'll just have to see...

 

I'm bitter about the fact that I bet the under and had it locked up until the fumbleroosky shenanigans those suckers pulled.  That's what I'm bitter about.  Well, that's one thing in a long line of things I'm bitter about.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should that fumble have been blown dead when recovered by a player that didn't fumble it?  Just curious.  None of my outcomes depended on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, the outlaw said:

Wow - you guys are a LOT more bitter over that loss than I am...honestly, I was very impressed they went in to Arrowhead (one of the toughest, if not THE toughest places for opposing teams to play) in primetime on MNF where in recent history they have traditionally SUCKED, and walked away with just a 3-point loss (that last play only mattered to Vegas and fantasy).

 

And, for the record it was the chemistry of Cousins, Reed, Garçon, and DJax that made the offense click last year (except in the Red Zone where they were 30th in the league in TD efficiency - and, I put that # squarely on the shoulders of offensive boy-genius, McVay).  This season you've got a new guy in the system, who until 2 years ago was a QB, a second-year guy who didn't see the field his rookie season, and a third-year slot guy whom they may have slightly lost faith in because he's already muffed a couple of key punts this early in the season (I know fielding punts is way different than catching a nice spiral pass, but who knows what goes on inside the psyche between a QB and WR?).  Oh yeah, and the TE who, when healthy, is a Top 2 talent in the league, BUT who can NEVER seem to stay healthy, including early this season...

 

Anyway, this team may not make the playoffs, but from what I've seen thus far, I do think they'll at least contend.  That home opener was a complete stinker, but I've been completely impressed the other 3 games by their young defensive talent, and commitment to a more balanced offensive attack.

 

With 1/4 of the season in the books, we'll just have to see...

 

I agree.  I thought Washington looked great.  The Chiefs are the real deal.  Washington is the first team that has slowed the Chiefs offense down.  If it weren't for injuries, Washington probably would have gotten the W.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hezagenius said:

Should that fumble have been blown dead when recovered by a player that didn't fumble it?  Just curious.  None of my outcomes depended on it.

The player wasn't down by contact so no whistle should have blown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Big John said:

The player wasn't down by contact so no whistle should have blown.

 

I thought the fumble rule was that only the player that fumbles the ball can recover and advance the ball inside the 2 minute warning.  If any other offensive player recovers, the play is dead and the team gets the ball where it's recovered (for a backwards fumble) or the spot of the fumble (for a forward fumble).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, hezagenius said:

 

I thought the fumble rule was that only the player that fumbles the ball can recover and advance the ball inside the 2 minute warning.  If any other offensive player recovers, the play is dead and the team gets the ball where it's recovered (for a backwards fumble) or the spot of the fumble (for a forward fumble).

 

you answered your own question, it was a defensive/kicking team (KC) player who recovered/advanced the fumble...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That rule does not apply to the defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex smith : can't stop him ...you can only contain him....who would have thought? ...lol  

 

He's in the HUNT !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, the outlaw said:

Wow - you guys are a LOT more bitter over that loss than I am...honestly, I was very impressed they went in to Arrowhead (one of the toughest, if not THE toughest places for opposing teams to play) in primetime on MNF where in recent history they have traditionally SUCKED, and walked away with just a 3-point loss (that last play only mattered to Vegas and fantasy).

 

And, for the record it was the chemistry of Cousins, Reed, Garçon, and DJax that made the offense click last year (except in the Red Zone where they were 30th in the league in TD efficiency - and, I put that # squarely on the shoulders of offensive boy-genius, McVay).  This season you've got a new guy in the system, who until 2 years ago was a QB, a second-year guy who didn't see the field his rookie season, and a third-year slot guy whom they may have slightly lost faith in because he's already muffed a couple of key punts this early in the season (I know fielding punts is way different than catching a nice spiral pass, but who knows what goes on inside the psyche between a QB and WR?).  Oh yeah, and the TE who, when healthy, is a Top 2 talent in the league, BUT who can NEVER seem to stay healthy, including early this season...

 

Anyway, this team may not make the playoffs, but from what I've seen thus far, I do think they'll at least contend.  That home opener was a complete stinker, but I've been completely impressed the other 3 games by their young defensive talent, and commitment to a more balanced offensive attack.

 

With 1/4 of the season in the books, we'll just have to see...

 

Your team played very well and almost pulled the upset.

 

We're just a bunch of grouchy Crowder owners. :lol:

 

He's not living up to the preseason billing.

 

 

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropped Crowder for Jaron Brown, not looking back...I don't think he us 100% healthy, plus Cousins just flat out isn't looking his way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:48 AM, the outlaw said:

 

you answered your own question, it was a defensive/kicking team (KC) player who recovered/advanced the fumble...

 

Cousins passes to Crowder

Crowder does a backwards pass back to Cousins but Cousins misses it and it bounces on the ground a few bounces

Reed picks it up and runs a few steps

Reed attempts to pass it to Thompson

KC recovers it and scores

 

My question is should the play have been blown dead when Reed recovered it?  Once Cousins missed the backwards pass from Crowder, isn't it a fumble and at that point, isn't Crowder the only player allowed to advance it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, hezagenius said:

 

Cousins passes to Crowder

Crowder does a backwards pass back to Cousins but Cousins misses it and it bounces on the ground a few bounces

Reed picks it up and runs a few steps

Reed attempts to pass it to Thompson

KC recovers it and scores

 

My question is should the play have been blown dead when Reed recovered it?  Once Cousins missed the backwards pass from Crowder, isn't it a fumble and at that point, isn't Crowder the only player allowed to advance it?

As i said, that rule does not apply to the defensive players. And to Reed advancing it, it does not cause a dead ball situation so the play was allowed to continue.

Edited by Big John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 minutes ago, Big John said:

As i said, that rule does not apply to the defensive players. And to Reed advancing it, it does not cause a dead ball situation so the play was allowed to continue.

 

I'm aware it doesn't apply to KC, but Reed recovered it first, before KC recovered it.

 

From the NFL website:

(:04) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to J.Crowder to WAS 18 for -7 yards. FUMBLES, touched at WAS 18, recovered by WAS-J.Reed at WAS 17. J.Reed to WAS 15 for -2 yards.

 

My understanding of the rule is that inside the 2 minute warning, if a ball is fumbled and recovered by another person on the same team, that's the end of play.  I underlined the relevant part of the rule.

 

From the NFL rulebook

Article 6. Fumble After Two-Minute Warning

If a fumble by either team occurs after the two-minute warning:

  1. The ball may be advanced by any opponent.
  2. The player who fumbled is the only player of his team who is permitted to recover and advance the ball.
  3. If the recovery or catch is by a teammate of the player who fumbled, the ball is dead, and the spot of the next snap is the spot of the fumble, or the spot of the recovery if the spot of the recovery is behind the spot of the fumble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hezagenius said:

 

 

I'm aware it doesn't apply to KC, but Reed recovered it first, before KC recovered it.

 

From the NFL website:

(:04) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to J.Crowder to WAS 18 for -7 yards. FUMBLES, touched at WAS 18, recovered by WAS-J.Reed at WAS 17. J.Reed to WAS 15 for -2 yards.

 

My understanding of the rule is that inside the 2 minute warning, if a ball is fumbled and recovered by another person on the same team, that's the end of play.  I underlined the relevant part of the rule.

 

From the NFL rulebook

Article 6. Fumble After Two-Minute Warning

If a fumble by either team occurs after the two-minute warning:

  1. The ball may be advanced by any opponent.
  2. The player who fumbled is the only player of his team who is permitted to recover and advance the ball.
  3. If the recovery or catch is by a teammate of the player who fumbled, the ball is dead, and the spot of the next snap is the spot of the fumble, or the spot of the recovery if the spot of the recovery is behind the spot of the fumble.

 

It was a lateral back from Crowder to Cousins. He never grabbed it, but Reed picked it up and then tried to lateral it back to another player. That's when Houston picked it up.

 

So nobody from the Skins ever recovered a fumble, because there really wasn't one.

Edited by Chief Dick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big John said:

As i said, that rule does not apply to the defensive players. And to Reed advancing it, it does not cause a dead ball situation so the play was allowed to continue.

 

That seems to be the key, its not a DEAD BALL, so play continues. Maybe they could have called a penalty on the Redskins, after that, but it wouldn't change anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Under American rules a fumble may be confused with a muff. A muff occurs where a player drops a ball that he does not have possession of, such as while attempting to catch a lateral pass or improperly fielding a kicking play such as a punt (you cannot "fumble" a loose ball). Ball security is the ability of a player to maintain control over the football during play and thus avoid a fumble. Cousins never had possession of the lateral pass, that's why the play continued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

 

It was a lateral back from Crowder to Cousins. He never grabbed it, but Reed picked it up and then tried to lateral it back to another player. That's when Houston picked it up.

 

So nobody from the Skins ever recovered a fumble, because there really wasn't one.

So a lateral that isn't recovered by the person it was aimed at is not considered a fumble?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.