[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keenan Allen's Fantasy Value

asmansour

Now that the Chargers are 0-4 will there be a point where head coach Anthony Lynn says "Hey Keenan, we're going to limit your snaps to preserve your health for next year."? Is this the time to sell high on Keenan Allen?

Edited by asmansour

Not easy to find direct quotes from a head coach saying he will limit his players. Just was wondering if anyone had experience with a star player being on a losing team and what that did to their player's value once there wasn't really a chance at reaching playoffs.

Wasn't aware I had to ask to post to particular forums either. Is that the standard for every post? I posted in a different forum earlier today.

Edited by asmansour

Players of his quality have intensives built into their contracts, i.e. bonuses for a certain number of catches, yards, snaps, etc.  Keenan would have a legal bit(^ to pitch if that was the reason why they are limiting his snaps.  If it was done covertly, there are certain guarantees in those contracts.

If there is one thing most top NFL players have, it is ego and pride drives it.  I'm sure there will be a point where they don't care much more than getting their numbers for more cash.  I have had some really good players on bad teams help carry me to a championship before.  David Boston when he was with the Cardinals and Chargers comes to mind.  He seemed to always go off in trash time for 60+ and a score.

6 hours ago, kdko said:

No, they're going to use him as much as they always have.  He's getting paid millions to play, and fans want to see the stars play.  This would be a different conversation if he had a soft tissue injury in week 14.

+1. The Chargers have to do everything possible to generate a fan base in LA and that means the stars must play. Ideally, they would play well...but Spanos has so totally screwed them not sure anyone can do well with 16 road games a year.

I've never, ever heard of a team limiting players in order to protect their health for the next year after week 4. Want to know what his fantasy value is? Look at his fantasy points rank through 4 games. Compare to his historical production and rankings. Do they look similar? Then that's his value.

Remember the last team to start 0-4 and make the playoffs? Any team that gives up at 0-4 should be fired from top to bottom. Any team that gives up PERIOD should be cut, traded or released. K.Allen isn't going to have his snaps reduced. If anything, the OC needs to go and they need to get M.Gordon into the DAMN GAME which will open up more things for Allen. It's not that hard but some OC's try their damndest to make it so. 

24 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

Remember the last team to start 0-4 and make the playoffs? Any team that gives up at 0-4 should be fired from top to bottom. Any team that gives up PERIOD should be cut, traded or released. K.Allen isn't going to have his snaps reduced. If anything, the OC needs to go and they need to get M.Gordon into the DAMN GAME which will open up more things for Allen. It's not that hard but some OC's try their damndest to make it so. 

Yeah...if only it was the TOP top aka Spanos aka butt huffer.

1 hour ago, tazinib1 said:

That would be glorious. I compare Spanos with that despicable owner of the Cleveland Indians in the movie Major League

:nono:

Now you're the one doing the insults.  Spanos is MUCH worse! :nutkick::bash::slap:

:wink:

20 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Lol no.  You're in the right spot.  Sometimes people here just think it's their world..

Wow, still haven't washed all the sand out of your vag?   Lighten up francis.

Back on topic, No I don't see the Chargers limiting him for the season to preserve him for next year.

29 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Wow, still haven't washed all the sand out of your vag?   Lighten up francis.

Back on topic, No I don't see the Chargers limiting him for the season to preserve him for next year.

Last night, no.  21 hours later, yes. 

• Sad 1

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:36 PM, asmansour said:

Now that the Chargers are 0-4 will there be a point where head coach Anthony Lynn says "Hey Keenan, we're going to limit your snaps to preserve your health for next year."? Is this the time to sell high on Keenan Allen?

As others have said, no.  But the Chargers are not as horrible as everyone would believe.  They are 0-4 and have lost by like a combined 12 points or something.  And they have played some very good teams and almost/should have beat them.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, LeonardPart6 said:

As others have said, no.  But the Chargers are not as horrible as everyone would believe.  They are 0-4 and have lost by like a combined 12 points or something.  And they have played some very good teams and almost/should have beat them.

You do not watch the Chargers often would be my guess. We/LA (will be) are VERY used to this .  In the Spanos era that is.

Edited by boltnlava
clarification

On 10/4/2017 at 5:45 PM, boltnlava said:

the wiz led to the O's best output in forever.......rivers et al have to pick it up ...the head coach is villain imho. 

+1. As an outside observer, yeah sure they moved but the biggest change from an on-the-field perspective is the coach.