[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wayne Gallman?

Shaft

I know he plays for the Giants behind that atrocious o-line, but he did more this past game with a few carries than Perkins has done all season. He also caught a few passes.

He's also another rookie RB. I just added him, just in case. The Giants are screwed this year, I can see this kid getting a legitimate shot since they have nothing to lose.

His main claim to fame, for me, was that he wasn't named Darkwa or Perkins.

tried to get him on waivers but got outbid by an owner who went 21% - thought that was a bit steep but I agree with you that it should be his job from here on. When people say the Giants don't run it's not because they don't want to, it's because the RBs they start can't get the job done. Gallman is worth a shot.

• Like 1

With injuries already taking their toll on starting RB's and bye weeks starting you have to take some fliers on guys. It's all about opportunities. Plenty of backup running backs are getting opportunities you just don't know which ones are going to make the most of them. Gallman is bigger than the other GIant RB's so he'll get goal line carries in addition to first and second down carries. That's definitely worth a flier though I wouldn't break the bank for him.

He's in both my stacks for waivers this week, but I have Jones, Fuller, Kroft and Allison ahead of him.  In a second league, it's the same, but I have L. Murray there instead of Allison.  I'm not looking down the road--just looking for bye week help.  Hell, I'm beginning to think you can't look too far ahead anymore with the way injuries sap a roster weekly.  Additionally, I'm in the middle of the waiver pack on both.  First one runs at 4MT, second at 6MT.  I'll circle back and post where Gallman went. 

ETA:  Allison is there because I have Adams on one roster and do not want to miss out on the lip-smacking matchup vs Dallas this week.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

I rarely bid high on question marks but I wanted Gallman after seeing him play - didn't he pass the eye test? Looks to be by far the best back the Giants have had in awhile. Co-MVP with Deshaun Watson at Clemson. Nose for the goal line (34 TDS in 34 starts at Clemson) very good hands, etc.

Dropped to round 4 because he didn't run a great 40 but how many times have we heard that. Also overshadowed by Watson and Williams but I think he's the real deal. 

He was #3 on my WW list for this week, and I got my first choice L. Murray (2nd was Ellington), dropped Alamo as I don't see Zeke serving a suspsension soon, nor is the backup RB picture that clear.

Here are some other RB that were picked up from waivers today (# is their waiver spot) in our deep bench league

#1 Elijah McGuire, #3 Lacy, #5 Aaron Jones, #6 Gallman, #7 McKinnon   Rawls was taken after waiver run, several RB were also dropped (Perkins, Richard, Mack, Carson, Vereen)

I'm plugging Murray in now, Coleman on bye, Crowell/Duke not impressive, and my other starter Abdullah is banged up so may need one of the CLE guys this week.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

He was #3 on my WW list for this week, and I got my first choice L. Murray (2nd was Ellington), dropped Alamo as I don't see Zeke serving a suspsension soon, nor is the backup RB picture that clear.

Here are some other RB that were picked up from waivers today (# is their waiver spot) in our deep bench league

#1 Elijah McGuire, #3 Lacy, #5 Aaron Jones, #6 Gallman, #7 McKinnon   Rawls was taken after waiver run, several RB were also dropped (Perkins, Richard, Mack, Carson, Vereen)

I'm plugging Murray in now, Coleman on bye, Crowell/Duke not impressive, and my other starter Abdullah is banged up so may need one of the CLE guys this week.

I think Abdullah is going to be fine for this weekend.  He even said he could have returned to the game but they didn't really need him at that point.

7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I went ahead and picked up McGruire too.  Maybe he can be the leading RB there.  

Only concern is whether Darkwa being healthy might curb his chance as they seemed to turn to him first but he was injured last week.

Currently picked him up and starting him in my main 12 team league. More of an indictment of my team though as I lost Cook, Montgomery is iffy and got Julio on bye. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XFlash said:

still not a bad showing by both NYG RBs.  Perkins will be 3rd RB when (if) he comes back.

Gallman looked solid. He was great carrying and catching the ball out of the backfield.

• Like 1

with NYG 0-5, I'm hoping that they continue to let young players get much needed experience and to see what else they have on their roster.

I'm sure there will be WR tryout coming up this week if all NYG WRs remain out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shaft said:

Gallman looked solid. He was great carrying and catching the ball out of the backfield.

Agreed Shaft. Not to take away from Darkwa but I think if Gallman had the same carries that got Darkwa his points he may have had even better numbers. Couldn't understand the usage of Vereen near the end of the game. He's not a game breaker.