[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rob Gronkowski...Week 5...uh oh

Wolverines Fan

Don't think Allen has caught a pass this year.

Leaning no on him.

Of course he'll go off and huge game now.

Looked it up. Allen targeted six times, zero catches.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

10 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

allen has zero catches on six targets! yikes.

Well...Gronk has been in there.  Now he's not.  In week one, they tried a 30 yard shot at Allen, which he almost had.  Ball drifted a bit toward the sideline and he couldn't pull it down.

I have Allen in one league, but am starting Sefarian Jenkins there (not a Gronk owner in that one)...Where I own Gronk, I could pick up Allen toss him in over (or alongside) Clay.  Not sure if it's worth it.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

49 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Well, if you've been holding Allen as a hedge for Gronk, it's safe to ditch him.

Again, sometimes the best trades or WW adds you make, are the ones you don't. I got Mercedes Lewis instead. 

• Like 1

I grabbed Allen in several leagues, mostly as a flier (3rd TE option, etc.).  Figured he might be gold if Gronk went down.  What a joke.  I'm sure I'll drop him in every league, and he'll score at least two TD's next week.  :lol:

Likewise, I loaded up on Nick Folk this year.  Not in drafts, but off the wire.  Some leagues it was to replace Vinatieri (when I realized Luck might be out a while), others it was because I had originally drafted Santos or Sturgis, etc.  I figured, with his bye out of the way early, and the Bucs being a fairly high-scoring team, he would be money.  Boy, was I off on that one.  Yikes.  I haven't even bothered to look at the scoring after tonight, but I'm fairly certain I have negative points in at least one league, thanks to him.   I'm not sure I've ever come to the conclusion that a kicker might cost me a win after Thursday night's game, but I'm fairly certain he could do so in multiple leagues this week.  Brutal.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, indyrckstar said:

I had Gronk last year and he seemed to always be hurt.  I avoided him in the draft.  Easily the best TE out there BUT his injuries make it big of a risk.  

It hurts extra bad when people are crazy enough to spend a first round pick on him.  He's not worth the risk...unfortunately I invested heavily in Jordan Reed and he's the same guy just less talented.

I steered clear of Gronk smash....So far so good but you always get the feeling he is just an inch off of a great run. That inch may be in his back between disks or the ball he somehow misses right now. Later...? who knows ? and that is Gronk in a nutshell. Too many questions at the moment.