Rob Gronkowski...Week 5...uh oh

tazinib1    862

Chris Hogan come on down!!!!  

• Like 1

Wolverines Fan    137

Brandin Cooks come on down too!

• Like 1

Gopher    395

Debating whether or not this makes Dwayne Allen a sneaky play, at least in certain formats.  :thinking:

loaf    781
Posted (edited)

passing on Allen for Sefarian-Jenkins

Edited by loaf

Wolverines Fan    137
Posted (edited)

Don't think Allen has caught a pass this year.

Leaning no on him.

Of course he'll go off and huge game now.

Looked it up. Allen targeted six times, zero catches.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

tazinib1    862
26 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Debating whether or not this makes Dwayne Allen a sneaky play, at least in certain formats.  :thinking:

I did a quick check and in all my leagues he was long gone lol. 

dougsul    30

Yes this sucks   I have enough injuries and players on bye.

• Like 1

LordOpie    1,341

allen has zero catches on six targets! yikes.

CowboysDiehard    272
10 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

allen has zero catches on six targets! yikes.

Well...Gronk has been in there.  Now he's not.  In week one, they tried a 30 yard shot at Allen, which he almost had.  Ball drifted a bit toward the sideline and he couldn't pull it down.

CowboysDiehard    272
Posted (edited)

I have Allen in one league, but am starting Sefarian Jenkins there (not a Gronk owner in that one)...Where I own Gronk, I could pick up Allen toss him in over (or alongside) Clay.  Not sure if it's worth it.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

Mag112    70

Amendola should benefit the most with Gronk out.  Middle of the field quick slants out of the slot , especially PPR 

• Like 1

CowboysDiehard    272
16 minutes ago, Mag112 said:

Amendola should benefit the most with Gronk out.  Middle of the field quick slants out of the slot , especially PPR 

Let's hope!  I trotting him out there on both those rosters.

Nostack    21
Posted (edited)

Brate?

Edited by Nostack

CowboysDiehard    272

Well, if you've been holding Allen as a hedge for Gronk, it's safe to ditch him.

• Like 1

tazinib1    862
49 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Well, if you've been holding Allen as a hedge for Gronk, it's safe to ditch him.

Again, sometimes the best trades or WW adds you make, are the ones you don't. I got Mercedes Lewis instead. 

• Like 1

CowboysDiehard    272
Just now, tazinib1 said:

Again, sometimes the best trades or WW adds you make, are the ones you don't. I got Mercedes Lewis instead. 

Yep!

LordOpie    1,341
3 hours ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Well...Gronk has been in there.  Now he's not.  In week one, they tried a 30 yard shot at Allen, which he almost had.  Ball drifted a bit toward the sideline and he couldn't pull it down.

I guess I was wrong. Allen had a great game!

Gopher    395

I grabbed Allen in several leagues, mostly as a flier (3rd TE option, etc.).  Figured he might be gold if Gronk went down.  What a joke.  I'm sure I'll drop him in every league, and he'll score at least two TD's next week.  :lol:

Likewise, I loaded up on Nick Folk this year.  Not in drafts, but off the wire.  Some leagues it was to replace Vinatieri (when I realized Luck might be out a while), others it was because I had originally drafted Santos or Sturgis, etc.  I figured, with his bye out of the way early, and the Bucs being a fairly high-scoring team, he would be money.  Boy, was I off on that one.  Yikes.  I haven't even bothered to look at the scoring after tonight, but I'm fairly certain I have negative points in at least one league, thanks to him.   I'm not sure I've ever come to the conclusion that a kicker might cost me a win after Thursday night's game, but I'm fairly certain he could do so in multiple leagues this week.  Brutal.  

• Sad 1

NAUgrad    80

Crap, couldn't change it in time.  0 for Gronk hurts.  Should've known better than to trust he would play.

indyrckstar    9

I had Gronk last year and he seemed to always be hurt.  I avoided him in the draft.  Easily the best TE out there BUT his injuries make it big of a risk.  

LeonardPart6    26
1 hour ago, indyrckstar said:

I had Gronk last year and he seemed to always be hurt.  I avoided him in the draft.  Easily the best TE out there BUT his injuries make it big of a risk.  

It hurts extra bad when people are crazy enough to spend a first round pick on him.  He's not worth the risk...unfortunately I invested heavily in Jordan Reed and he's the same guy just less talented.

Inziladun    50
24 minutes ago, LeonardPart6 said:

It hurts extra bad when people are crazy enough to spend a first round pick on him.  He's not worth the risk...unfortunately I invested heavily in Jordan Reed and he's the same guy just more fragile.

fixed.

• Like 1