[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB Lottery

Bronco Steve_85

Out of Elijah McGuire, Aaron Jones, JD Mckissic and Wayne Gallman which one do y’all think has the chance to carve out a role for themselves for the rest of the season... once Montgomery, Prosise, Forte, Perkins and Darkwa are completely healthy will any of these guys still have a major role in the backfield?

If I had to bet on somebody I would say Gallman just for the fact that Perkins has been absolutely HORRIBLE (the whole Giants running game really but Darkwa did look better) so I’m guessing he will get a shot at the job... I know McKissic had those 2 explosive plays for TD’s but the guy who really looked the part of a 3 down back to me was Elijah McGuire... the guy had more of a burst and shiftiness than Powell and also showed more power than expected from 185lb back... as far as Aaron Jones goes... with a good performance on Sunday against the Cowboys I’m wondering if it will get him somewhat of a time share with Montgomery??? Have Aaron take some early downs and help keep Ty fresh for the playoffs?

What do y’all think?

It's hard to not like Aaron Jones.  I doubt the broken ribs will be Ty Montgomery's last injury of the season.  Most of the "lottery" running backs are on offenses that are putrid with horrible offensive lines.  It provides little value becoming the lead back on the Giants, Jets or other crap teams.    Aaron Jones is also an excellent receiver so he truly could put up numbers equal to Montgomery if he became lead dog.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

It's hard to not like Aaron Jones.  I doubt the broken ribs will be Ty Montgomery's last injury of the season.  Most of the "lottery" running backs are on offenses that are putrid with horrible offensive lines.  It provides little value becoming the lead back on the Giants, Jets or other crap teams.    Aaron Jones is also an excellent receiver so he truly could put up numbers equal to Montgomery if he became lead dog.

I don't being on a bad offense will necessarily hinder an RB from top production, as: Jordan Howard/Bilal Powel/Gurley have shown over the past few seasons.  Of those RB's listed I think Gallman has the shortest path to becoming the lead back, but I feel like McGuire is the most special of the group.  

A good RB can improve the overall perception of an offensive line with: good yards after contact, pass protection, and blitz pickup. It also can force a defense to respect the run which can open up passing lanes with play actions.

Id cool it on Aaron jones a little. Not only does he have montgums in front of him but also Jamal Williams, who everyone said was the best rb by far in training camp n pre-season. From Green Bay so its not completely worthless he said she said lol. Mcguire looked the best but Gallman is in the best position to suceed.

8 minutes ago, captain77 said:

where does Clement fit in the mix with those RB's listed?

I didn’t mention him just cause he hasn’t had the “breakout” game like all the others in this thread... and I know Gallman’s 11 carries for 42 yards isn’t “breakout” by leagues standards but by Giants standards that 42 yards is 20 yards more than any other Giants RB has gotten in a single game lol... about Clement though I don’t see Blount or Smallwood going anywhere anytime soon... I know Clement is suppose to take Smallwood’s role this weekend if Smallwood cant go but from what I understand he’s not known as much of a pass catcher... Blount is averaging 5.9ypc right now so I don’t see them getting away from him unless maybe to give him spell...

I'm starting JD McKissic and Aaron Jones on a fantasy team today (Austin Seferian-Jenkins, too).  Hopefully, these $1 scratch-offs pay out.  It is frustrating to have stud players go down with injury but I enjoy the challenge of piecing together a replacement team from the waiver wire.  Nothing is more satisfying than making the playoffs using smoke and mirrors.

7 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm starting JD McKissic and Aaron Jones on a fantasy team today (Austin Seferian-Jenkins, too).  Hopefully, these $1 scratch-offs pay out.  It is frustrating to have stud players go down with injury but I enjoy the challenge of piecing together a replacement team from the waiver wire.  Nothing is more satisfying than making the playoffs using smoke and mirrors.

I like it when the smoke and mirrors of the patchwork fantasy team becomes a real fire and causes havoc. ;)

just quick thoughts here

obviously jones has the best overall situation on offense....but as others mentioned...montgomery will be back...but jones has real nice short term potential at worst

jd mcnugent or whatever his name is also has a decent shot here and maybe could actually take over a job with strong showings....i still believe prosise is the most dynamic back on that roster and if he can get healthy for once in his life he could still be a major factor

mcguire is my personal fave here...picked him up this week while others spent tons of FA dollars on others i got him for nothing....i think at some point the smart thing to do for the jets would be to go with a youth movement(i say this knowing how dumb nfl coaches and front offices actually can be)....this kid has some juice and skills

59 minutes ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

I guess aaron Jones got 1st team reps all week. So start him over jamal. Sucks for me haha.

They are actually arguing about this right now on ESPN lol... they are saying that Jones will get the “start” but there isn’t any guarantee that it isn’t going to be a time share between him and Williams but if you HAD to play one of them them go with Jones

39 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

mcguire is my personal fave here...picked him up this week while others spent tons of FA dollars on others i got him for nothing....i think at some point the smart thing to do for the jets would be to go with a youth movement(i say this knowing how dumb nfl coaches and front offices actually can be)....this kid has some juice and skills

I feel the same way man... I picked him up in my 14 team dynasty league and am prepared to hold onto him all season for next year... the dude really looked the part

On 10/7/2017 at 11:58 AM, BrockStaysHigh said:

Id cool it on Aaron jones a little. Not only does he have montgums in front of him but also Jamal Williams, who everyone said was the best rb by far in training camp n pre-season. From Green Bay so its not completely worthless he said she said lol. Mcguire looked the best but Gallman is in the best position to suceed.

Did you ever watch Aaron Jones at UTEP?  All-around RB who is shifty, with great hands and fits Green Bay's offense to a T.  Actually reminds me a lot of Emmitt Smith. 

Jamaal Williams is a blocker and not much more...big, lumbering, upright runner.

Ty Montgomery is a gadget player and is a change-of-pace, 3rd down back at best...Jones gives them an absolute threat at RB now.

10 hours ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Did you ever watch Aaron Jones at UTEP?  All-around RB who is shifty, with great hands and fits Green Bay's offense to a T.  Actually reminds me a lot of Emmitt Smith. 

Jamaal Williams is a blocker and not much more...big, lumbering, upright runner.

Ty Montgomery is a gadget player and is a change-of-pace, 3rd down back at best...Jones gives them an absolute threat at RB now.

Easy to say that after the game lol. Its still montgums job when hes healthy tho.

6 hours ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

Easy to say that after the game lol. Its still montgums job when hes healthy tho.

I actually disagree with you.  Ty Mont has only broken 100 yards running one game in his career, Jones did so in his first start.  Mont is a far superior catching back.  I think they'll be splitting duties going forward...Jones looked fantastic.

10 hours ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

Easy to say after the game?  I basically just asked if you had ever seen him play before...and that I think he's a better 'all-around RB' than either Montgomery or Williams.