NYpkBLUE22

How's everyone's season going so far?0

Gopher    395

I think I'm always in the "expected better, but it could be worse" mindset at this point in the season.  Don't think I have any 5-0 (or 0-5) teams, but definitely multiple of everything in between.  What is really bizarre is that, between Nick Folk's general suckiness, and kickers either going on IR or getting cut (and me not being able to replace them quickly enough), I have literally lost several matchups due to having no kicker (or a kicker who does nothing but miss field goals).  I lost at least one, and maybe two, matchups this week alone because I started a zero at the kicker position.  Aggravating.  :angry:

As for who I've lost, Cook and Olsen (and now Beckham) come to mind immediately.  Every year, I'm more and more convinced that this hobby is simply a war of attrition.  In order to win, you have to cover your bases with backup options, and backups to the backup options.  Then, if you have that, cross your fingers and hope luck is on your side.  

Rbgb    27

5-0 in dynasty (A. Rob IR, Woodhead IR, and now OBJ and Luck hasn't played all year) 802pts 2nd place is 4-1 with 750pts. Posted 1 200pt game already and high score in 3 of the weeks. Id say its going well considering all my injuries.

14 team money league 3rd place at 3-2 with most points at 750 (full ppr)

Edited by Rbgb

buddahj    213

Well I'm starting Cooper and Watkins at WR this week if that tells you anything. 

tazinib1    862
4 minutes ago, buddahj said:

Well I'm starting Cooper and Watkins at WR this week if that tells you anything. 

I had high hopes for Watkins after getting traded to the Rams. But after watching him on Sunday in person, the dude is lazy. He gave up on 2 balls that were clearly catch-able if would have made an concerted effort. He was giving up on routes and can't/won't block downfield. Now I know why Buffalo gave up on him. He had a chance to shine here in LA cause we here i LA really want a star to root for with the Rams other than Gurley. I doubt he remains a Ram next season and I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded to the Giants. 

indyrckstar    9

Terrible 1-4

Played the hardest schedule.  Getting no breaks vs opponents.  A couple of guys under performing.  Frustrated.

cliaz    20

1-4, at the bottom of my division and 2nd to last in total points.

awahl63    28

2nd in total points (20 behind #1 and 40 ahead of #3) yet I'm sitting in 6th place @ 2-3.

Lost last week by 1 point after benching Jacksonville defense (28 points) for Detroit (3 points).  I will not bench Sacksonville again.  

I have averaged 5 points per week from the kicker position as I've been chasing points - Starting Succop after his huge game and starting Greg the leg after his huge game.  

Fantasy football is a cruel mistress.

Edited by awahl63