[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The TE struggle is real !!

Gourdeau

Lost Olsen and when it looked like I struck gold with Clay, down he goes.. get to choose from Ed Dickson Coby Fleener and ASJ , lucky me. Thanks to Watson and Hopkins still got the W but am I right in thinking , aside from those 2 injuries, this has been one of the most shallow TE pools in a long time ?

I feel like it’s been like this for the last couple years. But yes it’s real, if I get 8-10 pts from the TE position I’m satisfied, which is sad

Edit, I should have chosen my words better. I meant if I get 8-10 I consider that a big night from my TE spot. That’s the high end

Edited by Finn5033

For years I refused to ever draft 2 tight ends.  I have now started drafting 2 tight ends.  In rounds 7-10, the tight end position provides the best value in the draft.  The wide receivers and running backs available at that point are 3rd tier i.e. junk.  But the tight ends available are tier 2 and sometimes even tier 1 e.g. Zach Ertz.  The elite tight ends in the league have been getting injured more often than running backs.  Maybe it is because they do not have the elusiveness to avoid big hits.  Maybe it is because their big bodies put a lot of strain on their lower body.  Whatever the reason, tight ends have been getting injured at a crazy high rate.  By drafting 2 tight ends, you can be sure to have 1 that is healthy.  If both of the tight ends are drafted in rounds 7-10, it isn't much draft capital being invested at the position.  And if both tight ends are healthy and playing well, there is nothing wrong with starting an elite tight end at a flex spot.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1

I drafted Brate with the 10th rd pick and feel like it's been a steal so far. 

the last 3 games with Winston looking for him often in the red zone. TE's this year are so unpredictable, I'm happy to have decent to good payout from a thought to be "not top tier TE"

21 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Looking forward to this weeks waiver wire advice from Huddle cause I have no idea who to go with and have never had to stream TE, I grabbed ASJ last night 

I think he is the one to hold onto.

6 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Looking forward to this weeks waiver wire advice from Huddle cause I have no idea who to go with and have never had to stream TE, I grabbed ASJ last night 

6 hours ago, Shaft said:

I think he is the one to hold onto.

Most sites were high on him last year when similar issues arose. I grabbed him.  Think I dropped him for a high school walk on a couple weeks later.  Hope he's gained some skill and pans out for you this year.  

I have Reed in both leagues and I'm hoping the bye week gives him the time he needs to heal.  But I'm losing faith.  Clay was the backup in one league, Hunter in the other.  I added Brate thankfully since Hunter's use is stupidly erratic.  It's a shame because I think he should be an elite TE.

Edited by 1fastdoc

I've also started drafting 2 TEs - only problem in my main league is they're Graham and Henry. Neither one has been doing poop but there were at least some signs of life this week.

Getting 8-10 from the TE position would be a dream.

Yeah. With the loss of OBJ and some of my players on bye, I'm forced to start Jermaine Kearse in my flex. Highly considering starting Gronk at TE and Brate in my flex. Or if Reed doesn't play, picking up Davis and starting him in my flex. The TE position is weird this year. Some weeks it seems horrible, other weeks not so much.

• Like 1

I'm planning on riding ASJ for the next couple weeks and hopefully selling high on him. I don't trust him as a player but in a crappy Jets offense playing catchup in every game he's a big target to throw to. Drafted Greg Olsen and traded for Witten a couple weeks in.

Got lucky and drafted Ertz (best player on my team behind Stafford) and that has helped.

More of a stash and wait suggestion,Browns rookie TE David Njoku has been pretty good, top 10 scoring in my league (no PPR), he's got 3 TDs so he's a good RZ target.

There is a chance that the Browns bench Kizer and let Kevin Hogan start, he is playing more like an NFL QB and has been a spark in Njoku's play.

Picked up Engram off waivers before week 1, after drafting Rudolph in the 8th.  Engram's done much more this season, and Rudolph has been non-existant, so I dropped him this week.  Of course Engram puts up a goose egg and Rudolph blows up.  FML.