[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time to drop Cohen it appears

ThatDude

RB situation will continue to change as they find out that Trubisky can offer more in the passing game.

I'm hoping that Cunningham was a fluke, but if they decide to do 3 RB rotation, then I will drop Cohen.

Not sure you can ever drop a healthy backup RB, especially one getting targets in the passing game, with all the RB attrition as the season progresses. Sure he's been getting less snaps the last two weeks but I'd make sure it was a trend and not a 2 week aberration before cutting him.

Running backs who rely on reception points are always going to be inconsistent.  Cohen's usage will depend on strengths or weaknesses of a defense and how the game is going.  In games where the Bears are trailing, his use will be higher.  There was no way he was going to be a workhorse with his small size.  On the other hand, he is far too electric for him to be ignored.  So he wasn't as good as people thought after the first two weeks and he isn't as bad as people are thinking now.  I do think that Trubisky's mobility will hurt Cohen's value a bit since he won't need to make as many dump off passes as Glennon.  Also, the Bears are going to want their running back to pass protect in order to protect Trubisky's health.

John Fox has never historically gave rookies significant playing time, even when it was clear that the veteran wasn't a better option. This situation is different obviously with the WR situation being a dumpster fire. It was asking a lot to expect Cohen to get 100+ targets as a rookie RB, but I'm not sure I'd just cut him outright yet. Wait for the Trubisky dust to settle over the next couple of weeks. And keep an eye on snap counts, obviously.

19 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Running backs who rely on reception points are always going to be inconsistent.  Cohen's usage will depend on strengths or weaknesses of a defense and how the game is going.  In games where the Bears are trailing, his use will be higher.  There was no way he was going to be a workhorse with his small size.  On the other hand, he is far too electric for him to be ignored.  So he wasn't as good as people thought after the first two weeks and he isn't as bad as people are thinking now.  I do think that Trubisky's mobility will hurt Cohen's value a bit since he won't need to make as many dump off passes as Glennon.  Also, the Bears are going to want their running back to pass protect in order to protect Trubisky's health.

You try to sound like you know what you are talking about. Good effort.

The Bears were trailing, his usage did not go to up. They were trailing against GB, his usage did not go up.

His usage is going to be his usage, regardless of game conditions. His touches haven't been dump offs but designed plays to get him the ball.

At this stage, the kid is bye week filler like Riddick is. Pretty much like Thompson is...although the latter has blown up to make him seem like a starter. He shouldn't be dropped in a 12+ team league, but not started either.

Howard still has this shoulder thing nagging him if people haven't noticed and that does not appear to be going away so there's that to consider as well.

2 hours ago, gilthorp said:

They were trailing against GB, his usage did not go up.  His usage is going to be his usage, regardless of game conditions.

5 of Cohen's 10 touches against the Packers came in the 4th quarter.  7 of 12 touches if you include two plays that came back on penalties in the 4th quarter.  He was only targeted twice in the pass game before the 4th quarter and both came at the very end of the 2nd quarter when the Bears were in a hurry up offense.  So 9 out of Cohen's 12 plays against the Packers came in the 4th quarter or in hurry up offense.

Edited by michaelredd9