[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson trade to ARI

DMD

I can see bidding the house to get Peterson.  He has already been named starter.  Sometimes a fantasy team has complete junk at running back.  It's not like wide receiver where you can just pick someone up and have them do well.  A fantasy team that is 1-4 and doesn't have 2 starting running backs is in a dire situation.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.  I think the bigger mistake fantasy owners often make is holding on to their FAAB.

On 10/10/2017 at 0:51 PM, DMD said:

Maybe not that important given the O-line there but cannot be any worse than he was in NO

Can we put any weight in the fact that he wasn't really given any opportunity to succeed in this scheme (6, 8, 9 and 4 carries). We all know AP is a volume guy, so it was never going to work the way Payton constantly shifts backs in an out of rotation. Also the saints played 3 of the top 10 run defenses in their 4 games, Miami (2) Carolina (9) Minny(10), and then vs New England they fell behind and went pass heavy. I'm by no means saying AD is gonna be reborn but the consensus seems to be that he's 100% finished, and the line in AZ is bad.. my argument is that the sample size to evaluate that he is finished is really not good, and this wouldn't be the first time he has run behind a bad online. You could argue that other than the year with Brett Favre, this may be the best offense overall given the WR depth and sad to say, Palmer is likely the 2nd (if you exclude Brees) best QB he's ever played with also and the defense is pretty good as well. 

Edited by Gourdeau
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Can we put any weight in the fact that he wasn't really given any opportunity to succeed in this scheme (6, 8, 9 and 4 carries). We all know AP is a volume guy, so it was never going to work the way Payton constantly shifts backs in an out of rotation. Also the saints played 3 of the top 10 run defenses in their 4 games, Miami (2) Carolina (9) Minny(10), and then vs New England they fell behind and went pass heavy. I'm by no means saying AD is gonna be reborn but the consensus seems to be that he's 100% finished, and the line in AZ is bad.. my argument is that the sample size to evaluate that he is finished is really not good, and this wouldn't be the first time he has run behind a bad online. You could argue that other than the year with Brett Favre, this may be the best offense overall given the WR depth and sad to say, Palmer is likely the 3rd best QB he's ever played with also and the defense is pretty good as well. 

Good points

1 hour ago, Courduroy said:

Anyone know where the info on the main page that Arians said David Johnson could be back by thanksgiving came from?

I asked about news feed info once before and was told by a staff member that it comes from Rotoworld, the Huddle staff writes the Huddle Up part.

Edited by stevegrab

45 minutes ago, Courduroy said:

Thanks.  Although I'm not sure I trust a source that can't even get a teams record correct, plus zero discussion that Johnson had his cast removed Tuesday.

Interesting news on the cast removal, where'd you hear/see that?  (Nothing shows up when I search for it.)