[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kamara vs McCaffrey

Bronco Steve_85

Who would y’all bet on to have the better season from here on out?

I’m thinking with that Peterson trade that Kamara and Ingram will split those 8-9 touches they were forcing to Peterson but I see some people thinking that they will all go to Ingram... with the Saints not being a great team I see more trailing and playing catch up which would of course mean more snaps for Kamara

Is it a coincidence or not that as the Panthers offense has gotten going these past few weeks that McCaffrey’s touches have gone down? If the Panthers are “back” so they say... more of the ground and pound from Stewart and less 3rd down/catch passing McCaffrey while they are playing with teams and playing with leads???

With all that being said I think Kamara ends the year as the number 10 RB but no lower than 13... I think McCaffrey ends top 20 but no higher than 15

What do y’all think?

Kamara is everything McCaffrey owners wish they had gotten when they drafted him...only Kamara came for free B)  My money's on Kamara.  Ingram has a hard time staying healthy, AND out of the dog house.  There's a very real chance Kamara takes this backfield over at some point this season.  He's already a strong RB2 in PPR.

I own both and will be holding on to both. Ingram is a true 3 down back, but for some reason his coach doesn't want to feed him. He's a very underrated receiver.  Alvin Kamara also has health issues and has yet to prove he's a durable back. His career high in carries at Tennessee is 18.  They can help preserve each other's health. Both can be RB2s and coexist.

I was a little surprised at the Huddle's take that the former AP carries would primarily go to Ingram.  I mean, Brees loves him some pass catching backs.  Always has.  And I think they will be used to playing from behind this year.  So my money is going on Kamara, though I've always loved McCaffrey's game!

14 minutes ago, dbforbes said:

I was a little surprised at the Huddle's take that the former AP carries would primarily go to Ingram.  I mean, Brees loves him some pass catching backs.

Ingram is a very good receiver and is very good at pass protection.  Over the 3 year period of 2014-2016, Ingram had the best catch percentage of any running back in the NFL at 90% and the lowest drop percentage of any running back in the NFL at 1.57%.   Ingram's catch percentage is lower this year at 68% and he does have 2 drops this year.  Kamara has looked great so maybe the snaps will be split but teams don't like to give too big of a load to a rookie when they have a dependable veteran.

• Like 1

I think bitchin' kamara will do well but think mccaffrey will be the more productive by the end of the season...mostly because I don't believe Stewart and/or Cam will get through the season without injuries and lost time.

also, ingram doesn't get a lot of love for his abilities as a receiving back.... he's very good imo.

• Like 2