[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Funchess for Abdullah

Rimmytose

Before waivers last night my team was pretty rough as far as RBs were concerned, it still is, but not as bad as before. Yesterday I was debating a trade where I give up Funchess and get Abdullah. Although after waivers were processed I don't know if it's really in my best interest right now to make the move.

This is a 10 team keeper league, no PPR. Yardage bonuses for over 100yd rush/rec.

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 W/T, 1 TE, K, DST

My Team

QB: Carr/Rivers

RB: Miller, L. Murray, Coleman, McKinnon, McGuire, Cook

WR: Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Crabtree, Funchess

TE: Gronk, ASJ

Other Team:

QB: Wilson/Watson

RB: Zeke, Martin, Ajayi, Abdullah, Henry

WR: Brown, Cooks, Fuller, Parker, Kupp

TE: Reed

Now that I was able to grab McKinnon & McGuire on waivers this week I don't feel this trade is the best bet. Losing Funchess kills my depth at WR and while I have 3 good starters, if anyone were to get hurt I would have to scour the waivers for a replacement if I lost Funchess.

Would you make this trade or try to work on something better for Martin/Ajayi? 

27 minutes ago, Watt's Up said:

I would consider it. But I don't have faith in the Panthers passing game. I agree that Abdullah isn't exciting, but he's got some great matchups coming up. I'm thinking of picking him up with the idea of trading him if he goes off a couple of times.

Would you consider it knowing that it would put me down to 3 WRs in a league where I have to start 3 WRs each week? Funchess is a better option ROS than anything on the waivers right now. I'll probably scour the waivers and dump Latavius Murray for a 5th WR at some point depending on how things look in MIN. McKinnon seems to have won himself the job, but no way of knowing for sure yet.

13 minutes ago, Rimmytose said:

Would you consider it knowing that it would put me down to 3 WRs in a league where I have to start 3 WRs each week? Funchess is a better option ROS than anything on the waivers right now. I'll probably scour the waivers and dump Latavius Murray for a 5th WR at some point depending on how things look in MIN. McKinnon seems to have won himself the job, but no way of knowing for sure yet.

ouch. I might hold off -- you might be able to drop Murray for a 5th WR or someone who emerges in the next couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, Rimmytose said:

McKinnon, McGuire

These guys are like Abdullah, both have upside.. except McKinnon is absolutely on a team that has to run to setup anything in the passing game outside 3-4 yard passes.  McKinnon is also going to be a viable pass catching back, again something MN has been doing a lot with check downs.  I think you have more value in what you have or at least same value with the guys you have over getting Abdullah, I wish I could say 'no brainer' but Abdullah is at best a flex but more of a spot starter.. I did not see the DET game I have to assume his horrid performance would be game script that DET was a mess and had less to do with him (abdullah last week).  If you believe he will bounce back because last week probably isn't the norm then I would do this, but his upside can't be much higher than McKinnon, although higher at this point than McGuire's until he jumps someone on the depth chart in NYJ.  McGuire is still wait-n-see.

The upside on Abdullah would be at least he's 10 in carries vs all other RB's with 76..  He's tied with Ajayi which might be a bad omen. lol.  12th in rushing yards, also not bad.  I might be talking myself into trading into Abdullah.. oh wait I have him and Funchess.  they mainly play spot start waterboy on my team.  Still encouraging that DET is actually trying to run, maybe they realize they should sort of control the clock so teams wouldn't get opportunities to run up the score.

With JJ in ATL still a (Q) this week I think you have to hold on the trade at least this week.. what do you think?  

Agreed RP. 

Before the waivers I was kind of thinking this was a decent trade as far as value was concerned, but now that I was able to grab a couple of decent RBs for this week I think I can hold for at least a week or 2 and see how things shake out. Minnesota is more of a run via the pass type offense which makes me think McKinnon should be solid ROS. McGuire is more of a fill in for now until Powell comes back. Maybe I can leverage the two of them into a better situation, but I would need to find a new trade partner for that. Someone who is hurting for RB help in the next couple weeks and is willing to do a 2 for 1 deal for 2 decent RBs for one solid RB. It'll be a stretch, but something worth investigating.