[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Elliott Suspension Reinstated

Big John

From my understanding, the ruling is only due to the fact that Zeke's lawyers jumped the gun and filed the original injunction too early, and the ruling is essentially saying the injunction should not have been granted due to that reason. My guess is he will win the next injunction, otherwise if he is suspended for 6 games, prior to his appeal regarding the initial suspension decision, there is no way for him to ever get those games back if they won the case. 

The Cowboys official depth chart says McFadden then Morris. Others say Morris then McFadden because Morris plays now, McFadden does not. I believe both will have a role. I also think that they did not use McFadden to save him from wear and tear in case this happened. I'd imagine both play and hot hand gets the bigger share.

Quite the cluster eff here. The "experts" seem to think that Alf will continue as the change of pace/spell back to DMac. That the staff liked his skill set in that role with either Zeke or Mac as #1. But the fact that McFadden has been inactive all year is crazy. To be continued..............

45 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

From my understanding, the ruling is only due to the fact that Zeke's lawyers jumped the gun and filed the original injunction too early, and the ruling is essentially saying the injunction should not have been granted due to that reason. My guess is he will win the next injunction, otherwise if he is suspended for 6 games, prior to his appeal regarding the initial suspension decision, there is no way for him to ever get those games back if they won the case. 

He won't win the case.  There is precedent, vis a vis Brady's appeal, to determine that the NFL can suspend a player for misconduct.  In this case, DV carries a six game suspension.  As a Cowboys fan (and Zeke owner in a keeper league), my preference is to let this BS suspension stand starting now.  The NFL will get it's way in the end anyway, Dallas cannot afford to miss him at all next season.  Let it stand, let the youngsters become men or fail on the defensive side of the ball, and then get an early pick in next year's draft.  The way the defense is playing currently, this team has no shot to make the playoffs even with Zeke on the field.  Much less win a playoff game.

Just my :2cents:, which, I know, isn't worth much to the blindered Cowboy homers around here.

• Big John changed the title to Elliott Suspension Reinstated

On the practical side of things, I've held McFadden all season to back up Zeke.  In my other money league, the Zeke owner has done the same.  I just went out in both and picked up Morris.  That Morris has been available for six weeks might help indicate what Zeke owners and their opponents think about this.  McFadden is the perceived handcuff at this point.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

49 minutes ago, Rekroot said:

for what it’s worth Cole Beasley would probably be a good add at this point too.

Just dropped him to cover my kicker on a bye.

Not sure any of these guys are really going to be worth much, at least not a lot more than a bunch of other average RBs splitting carries. McFadden was on a teams bench the first 2 weeks, nobody picked up Morris when I dropped him. Somebody in our league will bite... as I say that our owner who leads the league in roster moves every year adds Morris, dropping Rob Kelly (who I'm considering adding).

Edited by stevegrab