[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Elliott Suspension Reinstated

Big John

1 hour ago, kdko said:

So what's going on here, folks?  Should I be throwing a waiver claim in on DMC?

Ezekiel Elliott has been granted another temporary restraining order by the Southern District of New York, and will be allowed to play Week 7.

Zeke's restraining order, apparently issued by a "fill-in" judge, is for 14 days. He will have to make his case to judge Judge Katherine Fallia when she returns from vacation "before or by Oct. 30." She will decide on a "preliminary injunction." Unbelievable. So it appears Elliott will also be good for Week 8. His long-term prospects remain clear as mud, but fantasy owners have at least one more game to get their fantasy backfield in order. Darren McFadden and Alfred Morris won't be playable this week.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, kdko said:

So what's going on here, folks?  Should I be throwing a waiver claim in on DMC?

Don't want to be that guy, but why is DMC not owned after last week's news?  Even in a 10-team DMC and Morris need to be owned, unless you have a really short bench.

9 hours ago, colkurtz said:

Don't want to be that guy, but why is DMC not owned after last week's news?  Even in a 10-team DMC and Morris need to be owned, unless you have a really short bench.

I was under the impression that Alfred Morris was going to be "the guy" if Elliot's suspension ends up getting served this year.  Have we heard different that it is back to DMC as the primary backup?

21 minutes ago, LeonardPart6 said:

I was under the impression that Alfred Morris was going to be "the guy" if Elliot's suspension ends up getting served this year.  Have we heard different that it is back to DMC as the primary backup?

Here is some insight on the topic from Bryan Broaddus:  https://sportsnaut.com/2017/10/darren-mcfadden-start-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-suspended/

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LeonardPart6 said:

No one knows.  Everyone is just speculating.  Cowboyz1 had some inside information from a guy named Deepthroat that Morris was in the doghouse.  Turns out Deepthroat didn't earn his nickname from giving out inside information.

12 hours ago, colkurtz said:

My league has deep bench (9 plus we start 9) so lots of low level prospects are rostered. But DMC was inactive for every the game so far, if you suddenly need that 5th RB on your roster because of a late injury, you'd rather have somebody who might score some points. If Elliot suspensio had been reinstated yesterday, I suspect many more leagues see him gone from waivers.  I was considering adding him late last night until I checked news again and saw he Elliot was going to play the next 2 weeks.

Morris has been playing and getting some stats (75 yards russhing week 4 vs Rams).

Edited by stevegrab

11 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

My league has deep bench (9 plus we start 9) so lots of low level prospects are rostered. But DMC was inactive for every the game so far, if you suddenly need that 5th RB on your roster because of a late injury, you'd rather have somebody who might score some points. If Elliot suspensio had been reinstated yesterday, I suspect many more leagues see him gone from waivers.  I was considering adding him late last night until I checked news again and saw he Elliot was going to play the next 2 weeks.

Morris has been playing and getting some stats (75 yards russhing week 4 vs Rams).

To clarify, 70 yards of that came on one run.  Other than that his stat line is all zeros except for 2 carries for 10 yards against GB.

3 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

To clarify, 70 yards of that came on one run.  Other than that his stat line is all zeros except for 2 carries for 10 yards against GB.

Didn't know that but the point still stands, people are passing on DMC because he isn't even active, Elliot suspension up in the air, and nobody knows who gets the rock if Elliot is out, or how they do with it.

Plus they were on bye last week.

Edited by stevegrab

people are picking up both Morris and McFadden with the hope they got the right guy...and in two of my leagues, one owner picked up both

Morris is owned in 58% of Yahoo leagues and McFadden in 53%

Posted this in the other thread but I'll do it here also.

Well from what I am hearing Zeke will probably win the case and play at will. The case boils down to this. The NFLPA is stating that the NFL is overstepping it's authority and ABILITY to adjudicate. The NFL thinks it's is judge jury and executioner, and in most cases it is when it comes to on field, off field drug issues and other leagues issues. However, once they step into the investigation of events that are under the jurisdiction of the relevant authorities they, the NFL is out of their league and do not have the expertise, the legal authority or the investigative prowess that the fed, state and local legal system has. Therefore, I believe from what I read, the courts are going to tell the NFL to stay in their jurisdiction or stay out of the legal system and let us do our jobs. Legally a person has the right to face their accuser which is a slippery slope in itself for the victims but that is the legal system. The NFL is saying regardless of what the victim does we have the right to adjudicate based on what "WE BELIEVE" not what is proven in a court of law which is totally wrong and against our rights as a U.S. citizens. 

So IMO Zeke will play the rest of the year. We'll see but I betting on Zeke running until the wheels come off.

18 minutes ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Posted this in the other thread but I'll do it here also.

Well from what I am hearing Zeke will probably win the case and play at will. The case boils down to this. The NFLPA is stating that the NFL is overstepping it's authority and ABILITY to adjudicate. The NFL thinks it's is judge jury and executioner, and in most cases it is when it comes to on field, off field drug issues and other leagues issues. However, once they step into the investigation of events that are under the jurisdiction of the relevant authorities they, the NFL is out of their league and do not have the expertise, the legal authority or the investigative prowess that the fed, state and local legal system has. Therefore, I believe from what I read, the courts are going to tell the NFL to stay in their jurisdiction or stay out of the legal system and let us do our jobs. Legally a person has the right to face their accuser which is a slippery slope in itself for the victims but that is the legal system. The NFL is saying regardless of what the victim does we have the right to adjudicate based on what "WE BELIEVE" not what is proven in a court of law which is totally wrong and against our rights as a U.S. citizens. 

So IMO Zeke will play the rest of the year. We'll see but I betting on Zeke running until the wheels come off.

Where you hearing this, radio? Article? Around the water cooler?? 

7 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Where you hearing this, radio? Article? Around the water cooler?? 

I have a couple of guys in the Dallas org that feed me tid bits throughout the year. I trust them and they have been right way more often then not. 

I have posted things throughout my stay here that have proven to be true. Just thought this was good info and it made sense to me so I posted it. 

1 hour ago, boltnlava said:

Its all bs anyways ...court has ruined another thing in our lives ...sigh ...nfl is officially the courts bitch...now without bite. 

At first I clicked 'like' because I agree...and then I clicked 'sad' because that's what it is.  The press conference after the owners meeting yesterday on NFL Network was depressing as well.  If the NFL turns into the NSJWL, I'm afraid I'll be out.  I don't tune into games to be preached at for three hours.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cowboyz1 said:

This gives me a bit of optimism but I wonder if information in the Dallas area is insightful or if it is just wishful thinking.  The team I own Zeke on is 3-3 and only 4 out of 12 teams make the playoffs.  It probably takes a 9-5 record to make the playoffs.  Sitting on Zeke for his suspension isn't an option.  But the best player offered to me so far is Amari Cooper.

I agree no one really knows which would handle most of the work, but I've seen a couple Dallas of beat writers say they will lean on McFadden. It might end up a timeshare, but it could also end up like the Latavius/McKinnon situation where one guy ends up being the clear winner. 

3 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

At first I clicked 'like' because I agree...and then I clicked 'sad' because that's what it is.  The press conference after the owners meeting yesterday on NFL Network was depressing as well.  If the NFL turns into the NSJWL, I'm afraid I'll be out.  I don't tune into games to be preached at for three hours.

OMG this^^^ if i wanted that cspan is just down the dial..so pissed. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

This gives me a bit of optimism but I wonder if information in the Dallas area is insightful or if it is just wishful thinking.  The team I own Zeke on is 3-3 and only 4 out of 12 teams make the playoffs.  It probably takes a 9-5 record to make the playoffs.  Sitting on Zeke for his suspension isn't an option.  But the best player offered to me so far is Amari Cooper.

Well Zeke will for sure be playing the next two game and the Judge in charge of ruling is an underling of the Judge that issued the TRO (temp restraining order) so it is unlikely that she will undue her bosses recommendation once she is back from vacation which is who knows when. Odds are Zeke will play the season and the case will go to a hearing in front of the entire panel of appellate judges. Once there the case will take a long time to be heard. Thats was the goal all along to get it on the docket for a full hearing.

Edited by Cowboyz1

5 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

OmG ...this^^^ cspan is getting more exciting everyday....

9 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Still shows as liked btws

By the way, DMC is the starter if Zeke is suspended. He has been inactive just for that very possibility. They wanted him fresh because he's their best all around back. Smith, Morris and DMC will all have roles but DMC is the best blocker, pass protector and runner among the three. That's why they had him inactive all this time. IF Zeke is suspended then you will see DMC with the lions share with Smith and Morris in spot duty. The trust DMC in pass protection more then Morris and slightly more then Smith do to experience. But Smith is 6' 3" and 255 and packs a punch rooting out linebackers. So he will be the lead full back in power formations. Smith is not as good as DMC in pass protection which is a must in this offense since the line is really playing all that well yet. Smith and Morris could be TD vultures as Morris has a knack for short yardage where DMC lacks that power running style.

However, I am confident Zeke plays the rest of the year.

Edited by Cowboyz1